Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Radicards® Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
In this episode, I have the pleasure of interviewing Dwier Brown who played John Kinsella in the forever classic movie, Field of Dreams. Please have a watch or listen. https://bit.ly/2xC4c0p

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
In this podcast, we discuss David Wright's retirement, a Mike Trout 2018 Topps Chrome Superfractor, the Junk Wax artificial demand trend, the T206 set, and cover some recent pickups. https://bit.ly/2N06w6l

Last edited:

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
I actually liked that rundown more than just what sold for the most (of 90s cards). You have the ability to go in any direction and discuss whatever is just plain interesting.

That's a really nice compliment. Thank you. Really; I appreciate hearing that.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
In this podcast: Ronald Acuna Jr. tattoo. Mark Loretta. George Webb hamburgers. 1948 Leaf. Shohei Ohtani 2018 Bowman Platinum. The condition of 1/1s. Have a listen. https://bit.ly/2PBVear

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
The condition of 1/1s... sounds familiar! I can't go to your site on my work computer. LMK if you're interested in the message I get or if you're already aware.

Hi there,
I'm confused by the last sentence in your message. Can you help me understand what you're asking?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
He probably means that your site won't load on his work computer and he gets some sort of error message when trying. At least that is how I interpreted the message.

Interesting bit about the original Perez painting from last month but I found your comment about how "ridiculously" low the price was even more interesting. $900 for a portrait by a living artist is probably not necessarily a steal to most. I see that as a piece of sports memorabilia more so than as a piece of art and I would personally never drop $900 for a 1/1 piece of memorabilia (I am a self admitted bargain collector though) but I'm sure there are plenty who would and I am also sure that it will always be seen as significant & valuable in the context of the hobby.

I have a couple original hobby related paintings that I have been fortunate enough to stumble across and get at what I and most others would most likely agree to be "ridiculously low" prices though. I don't recall the exact price of the first (Furillo), but it was certainly no more than $50-100, if it was even close to that. The 2nd (Garvey) was around $70 due to that being my primary collecting subject.

Furillo (with Roy White) Unknown.jpeg was done by Susan Rini and was the image used on a first day cover cachet. The Garvey Unknown-1.jpegs-l1600.jpgwas done for the short lived 1979 Metallic Creations statue/card series. I don't have a shot of the Furillo art handy, but pulled out the Garvey a while back for a discussion on another board about the set.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
In this podcast: Boston weather. Clutch hitting. New Managers. Cubs fan art. Yadier Molina wins award. What to do with trimmed cards. Unwanted JUST minor league cards. Complete Your Set eBay listings. https://bit.ly/2JkZr00

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
He probably means that your site won't load on his work computer and he gets some sort of error message when trying. At least that is how I interpreted the message.

Interesting bit about the original Perez painting from last month but I found your comment about how "ridiculously" low the price was even more interesting. $900 for a portrait by a living artist is probably not necessarily a steal to most. I see that as a piece of sports memorabilia more so than as a piece of art and I would personally never drop $900 for a 1/1 piece of memorabilia (I am a self admitted bargain collector though) but I'm sure there are plenty who would and I am also sure that it will always be seen as significant & valuable in the context of the hobby.

I have a couple original hobby related paintings that I have been fortunate enough to stumble across and get at what I and most others would most likely agree to be "ridiculously low" prices though. I don't recall the exact price of the first (Furillo), but it was certainly no more than $50-100, if it was even close to that. The 2nd (Garvey) was around $70 due to that being my primary collecting subject.

Furillo (with Roy White) View attachment 84021 was done by Susan Rini and was the image used on a first day cover cachet. The Garvey View attachment 84022View attachment 84023was done for the short lived 1979 Metallic Creations statue/card series. I don't have a shot of the Furillo art handy, but pulled out the Garvey a while back for a discussion on another board about the set.

Those are pretty rad! Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate the original art thing.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
We're a little late to the game with the September 2018 1990s Edition but it's now live. Have a look at which cards made the list. We'd love to hear your thoughts. https://bit.ly/2AIUdZu

Members online

Latest posts