Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Running list of Leaf Pride of the Pinstripes autographs pulled.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I know there is a caveat with my opinion on the product as I pulled a Maris but here are my thoughts:

I read this and the other two threads BEFORE I paid for my two boxes and while I did have some second thoughts (I had originally requested three boxes from Andrew and was releaved he had only two left by the time I posted) I like everyone else buying this product decided $40 was a fair risk at a huge auto.

Leaf products are packaged very well. The Ali and Rose releases were great and this release was presented and packaged exceptionally well. BGS slabbed cuts in a tamper proof, profession and clean packaging is found in no other companies. These Pride of the Pinstripes cards are built well, they are attractive and freaking SLABBED.

Obviously the checklist should have be released earlier and I truly think BG made a huge mistake with the amount of 1/1's in the product. It's a false scarcity tactic and honestly if the CL was smaller with all of the players being /10 or /15, he could have created a secondary market with Yankees and Auto set collectors. The Ruth's and the Gehrigs and such could have remained 1/1's but making a smaller CL and adding more per player could have created collectors trying to build a set....creating a secondary market and also (and importantly for the long term future of Leaf) keeping the cards in a state of transaction. No one is building this set. If almost the entirety of the set did have 10 or 15 or 20 copies then you would have set builders and keep this release moving. There are GU and AUTO sets from UD, Fleer, Score, Topps, Donruss from years past that are in a constant state of selling, trading, hoarding and buying. Who's to say that this one would have fallen into that category, no one knows. Almost all of those companies are out of the game as it is but not for their lack of creating a great, collectable set.

This could have been, but as it is now, it'll be gone and forgotten and off the radar soon enough......

I will say that Leaf is an exceptional CS company and I really hope a License, even years off at this point, is possible for them. He takes his licks here and I've joined in on that myself but this product, at it's price point, is a good one.

Last edited:

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I was at the LCS yesterday. They got 6 boxes, three were bought and not opened in the shop.

The other three contained:
Johnny Cooney
Ed Yarnell 1/1
Dion James 1/1

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Anyway, I think what would have been nice to soften the blow of 99% horrible box breaks would have been base cards in the box.
Then us Yankees fans could at least trade with each other and build a set or just collect our favorite Yankees.

Good idea in theory, but base cards need photos, which need player licensing, which costs a good deal of money when we are discussing retired players (e.g. those that need to be signed individually).

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Opened one box and pulled an Ernie Krueger 1/1 Auto. He was a on the 1915 Yanks. Not a great player, but pretty cool. Interesting trivia, he was a catcher in the longest game in baseball history.

9541815898_3333228dee.jpg

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Opened one box and pulled an Ernie Krueger 1/1 Auto. He was a on the 1915 Yanks. Not a great player, but pretty cool. Interesting trivia, he was a catcher in the longest game in baseball history.

9541815898_3333228dee.jpg

I'd say that's a helluva pull compared to 99.9% of the other autos in the product!!!!

And to the haters on this product, I'll say it again in this thread:

In this hobby, to each his/her own.

While most people were looking at this product and screaming "CRAP!" just break down the mathematics of it all.

$40 for a guaranteed low # cut auto of a New York Yankee, perhaps the most recognizable Sports Brand in the world (ManU may give them a run for their money).

Lots of you go into WalMart or Target and pick up $20 blasters all the time. Take two boxes of those, add up all your hits and value, and MOST of the time, I'd say the cards you have from opening 2 blasters will barely be worth the cost of the BGS slab from the Pinstripe box.

With the potential to hit massive cuz autos and the no base card set makes this set more of a "Take a chance at a big hit" and a "Hey all of you that PC random, older, almost non significant players- here's your chance to finally get an auto card of 100s of these players.

It's not a product targeted at Set Collectors, or Prospectors, or even those looking to bust a lot to provide stock in BnM or eBay store. It's targeted mostly to Yankee Fans between the ages of 35-70 IMO

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts