Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My attempt at a rainbow, Finest style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I've never successfully built a rainbow. I failed at the 2010 BC Topps 100 Stanton. I sold the Super then finally bought the gold, then realized I'd sold the Super so I sold the gold, then rebought the Super and still haven't found another gold. My attempt at the 2013 Topps Chrome Stanton rainbow also failed, seeing as how I still need everything under /100. I damn near bought the complete BC rainbow of some Marlins prospect (Miles Williams I think), but that's kind of a copout.

This time I'm gonna actually finish one.

4r2o14.jpg

I made a nice offer on the Atomic /5, and I think everything else is /25 or higher. Should be able to finish it off for $50 or so.

If you've pulled one, let me know. I'll buy it.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Just bought these

Gold /50
qy8k80.jpg

Base
2zp857m.jpg

And thanks to [MENTION=2209]200lbhockeyplayer[/MENTION] for sending me the Xfractor! Wasn't expecting it
6svziq.jpg

Now need the Blue /125, Black /99, Red /25, and Atomic /5

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Ha, he sent me a Stanton cause I might do that rainbow if the Super shows up. He included the Marisnick before I even started this project.

One more. Blue /125
155kz9c.jpg

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Even with all the 'colors' together in this thread, I STILL cannot tell how these 2014 Finest cards differ color-wise, other than the serial # and atomic/super patterns. Help me out, where does Base/Blue/etc differ on the card?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Sweet stuff. But why Marisnick?

I'm not sure. I like the design of the card and the photo, plus I've always wanted a Marlins auto'd Super. I refuse to pay the idiotic prices of BC prospects. I know he got traded, but oh well. Every Marlins card I own pictures the player in a fish uniform.

bigunit, I thought they all looked identical until I bought a box of Finest. The difference is more subtle than other chrome products, but you can definitely tell the difference in hand. They don't scan well at all.

...I kinda started another rainbow tonight. This was the one card I wanted from the entire product. I already bought an Atomic the first day of release, and 200lb is sending me the Red /25. Everything else is /50 or higher. I'll surf eBay and find some cheap BIN's and finish it ASAP.
28sc2uq.jpg

I'm gonna end up starting and finishing two rainbows in about 36 hours. That's got to be some sort of record

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
That Stanton is sweet!

...Yeah, I've actually picked up some Marisnick stuff. He seems like a decent enough player and his stuff is dirt cheap (think I've spent maybe $15 total). I'm really digging the x-fractor auto you have. Might have to pick one up sometime.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
That Stanton is sweet!

...Yeah, I've actually picked up some Marisnick stuff. He seems like a decent enough player and his stuff is dirt cheap (think I've spent maybe $15 total). I'm really digging the x-fractor auto you have. Might have to pick one up sometime.

I have a $2 bid on an active auction. If I win, I'll have two and send you the extra one

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I'm not sure. I like the design of the card and the photo, plus I've always wanted a Marlins auto'd Super. I refuse to pay the idiotic prices of BC prospects. I know he got traded, but oh well. Every Marlins card I own pictures the player in a fish uniform.

bigunit, I thought they all looked identical until I bought a box of Finest. The difference is more subtle than other chrome products, but you can definitely tell the difference in hand. They don't scan well at all.

...I kinda started another rainbow tonight. This was the one card I wanted from the entire product. I already bought an Atomic the first day of release, and 200lb is sending me the Red /25. Everything else is /50 or higher. I'll surf eBay and find some cheap BIN's and finish it ASAP.
28sc2uq.jpg

I'm gonna end up starting and finishing two rainbows in about 36 hours. That's got to be some sort of record

Dang, and here you were wondering when the Stanton would pop up. I'm lucky if everything for a Rainbow even shows up, let alone a couple days to finish it all. Congrats!

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Man, I need a Cohiba.

My long, arduous journey FINALLY came to an end tonight.

I remember back in the olden days, like Tuesday specifically, when I started this trek up Rainbow Mountain.
so4wer.jpg

That was easier than Miley Cyrus

Members online

Latest posts