Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rolling Michigan 1/1 pickup thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twisty71

Jun 1, 2013
Hey would you be interested in moving that A-train Mirror Black to a A-train fan/super collector? I actually have been looking for that card for years,don't know how I missed it if it was on eBay? Incredible collection you have going.

Attachments

• A-train04CertMirrorGU_zps1562d354.jpg
    A-train04CertMirrorGU_zps1562d354.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 49
  • A-train 04 Cert Mirror.jpg
    A-train 04 Cert Mirror.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 49
  • A-train 03 MB.jpg
    A-train 03 MB.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 49
  • A-train 04 Absolute TOT #1-1.jpg
    A-train 04 Absolute TOT #1-1.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 48

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
That sucks. I guess I can get refunded. Should have assumed something was up since it was from Bigboyd.

Yes, that superfractor is indeed, IMO, cut from a sheet. Red flags went off for me when BigBoyd listed the Heath Miller black superfractor, which I already had in my possession. I made a post on Blowout when the Miller got listed asking for opinions what they thought. It was quickly discovered that BigBoyd at the time had the Miller and 2 other players listed, and Imac had 2 of them listed. BigBoyd didn't have the backs of his cards scanned (hmmmm, I wonder why?) but IMac did. You can clearly see in Imac's listings of the backs that there wasn't a 1/1 stamping and no hologram. Where the hologram should go, it says something like "not valid without sticker".

BigBoyd knows exactly what he has and even though he does mention it not being serial numbered, it's still awfully shady of him.

The crazy thing about his Miller, it sold for almost the same amount as the real one that I bought back in October. I feel bad for the person who bought it and probably doesn't even know.

I will say this though, the card you bought is "real", it's made by Topps, it just wasn't inserted into packs. It certainly has value to it, especially to a collector like yourself. If you didn't pay too much for it, I would just keep it.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I paid $54 for it...nothing crazy. Nowhere near my max bid. I've had issues with BigBoyd in the past, so I'm still debating whether to keep it or not. I appreciate the info, Tim. If I had just read the entire description I wouldn't have bid on it.

He just listed a few others tonight, along with one from 05 BC baseball, an auto'd super without an auto.

twisty71

Jun 1, 2013
Sent you a couple options to get the deal done.......
MikeHartSuperfractorLetterman_zpsbbb13849.jpg
or
A-train04DonrussTT1-1F_zps08690b3b.jpg
A-train04DonrussTT1-1B_zps746d8a9f.jpg

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I ended up keeping the Marlin Jackson. Figure it'll be a placeholder till I find the real one. One edge is a bit mangled though.

So I traded one of these (first time I've ever let go of a 1/1) but I got 2 in return. Thanks to Twisty for some great cards, and I'll gladly buy your other Anthony Thomas 1/1's off of you if you ever decide to sell them. I'm glad I could help finish your rainbow. Now someone find me the 07 Sterling Leon Hall black plate so I can complete one!

#160 :
null-2.jpg

null-3.jpg

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013
Very nice of you guys to help each other out. Loved the A-Train at Michigan.
[MENTION=2285]Junior Griffey[/MENTION] good thing you got some Denard 1/1's early. His stuff is heating up!

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Yeah I'll probably be priced out here soon. There are a few cards I want of his but I'm not going after the BC stuff. That saves me a little at least.

twisty71

Jun 1, 2013
Yeah I'll probably be priced out here soon. There are a few cards I want of his but I'm not going after the BC stuff. That saves me a little at least.

Yep,I jumped on a couple of his Bowman Refractor Autos early,Red & Orange but now the lower ones are selling for what I paid for the Orange. Not trying to Supercollect him but knew it would happen,especially the closer we get to Pre-Season.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
That's tough. Probably the Denard Metal Super, Mike Hart Elite Black, Manningham SPX shield auto rookie, Jason Avant TC super auto RC, and Alan Branch 07 BC super auto.

Your collection is amazing. If you had to rate your fab five cards (see what I did there) which would they be?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts