Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This is just sad. How much worse can it get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Maybe just the line to the B next? Idk.

If I was on a comp I'd try posting the regression over the years.

Makes you appreciate the guys that actually care that much more.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
No, just pulled them off eBay. You can find the bottom one on the trade boards though if interested (pujolsthome I believe)

I'm definitely a Harper fan, but wouldn't want to own anything outside of his first few auto variants. Once it got to the big B H that was bad enough, this I just hate.

Last edited:

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
It is a weak auto, but when you sign hundreds or thousands of cards for every release I can see why players shorten their signatures. Image how mind numbing it would be to sit and sign hundreds of sheets of stickers, and thousands of cards.

It is partially the player being lazy, but also on the companies for over producing autos IMO.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
It is a weak auto, but when you sign hundreds or thousands of cards for every release I can see why players shorten their signatures. Image how mind numbing it would be to sit and sign hundreds of sheets of stickers, and thousands of cards.

It is partially the player being lazy, but also on the companies for over producing autos IMO.

Yea, definitely agree on that point. Harper is in practically every Topps release and if he gets paid the same for signing a "BU" then what's it matter to him...

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
This was a perfect example of what the bgs auto grade was supposed to be
now it's a ****** up

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
They get paid to do it. It probably ends up being pocket change to superstars, but up and coming players who don't make millions yet should put a little more effort into it.

I doubt it, but someday maybe consumers will revolt and stop buying crap and demand better. It really makes you appreciate a Charlie Gehringer or Harmon Killebrew signature among many other great vintage players, because those guys had pride and appreciated what the signature meant to fans.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
They get paid to do it. It probably ends up being pocket change to superstars, but up and coming players who don't make millions yet should put a little more effort into it.

I doubt it, but someday maybe consumers will revolt and stop buying crap and demand better. It really makes you appreciate a Charlie Gehringer or Harmon Killebrew signature among many other great vintage players, because those guys had pride and appreciated what the signature meant to fans.

Completely agree, nothing beats a nice signature that enhances the look of the card versus ruining it. Killebrew has one of the best.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH

I agree to a point but it is not difficult to sign your name over and over while multi-tasking. Some signers have shown that they can consistently give a good graph in a small space year after year while others devolve to innitials. These signers know where their autos are going and some just don't give a ****.

Members online