Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Robinson Cano & Edwin Diaz + $20M to Mets for Jarred Kelenic/Justin Dunn/Bruce/Swarzak/Bautista

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Robinson Cano & Edwin Diaz + $20M to Mets for Jarred Kelenic/Justin Dunn/Bruce/Swarzak/Bautista

Jon Heyman @JonHeyman
Cano/Diaz deal to Mets is agreed to, pending physicals #mets #Mariners. Complete deal is Robinson Cano, Edwin Diaz plus $20M for Jay Bruce, Anthony Swarzak, Jarred Kelenic, Justin Dunn and Gerson Bautista

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Not sure either team wins this deal...pretty sure neither team will win because of this deal. Diaz is nice, relievers are so unpredictable though, prospects are good but also who knows, I'll file this under "I don't care". Someone wake me up when the Red Sox make a splash.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Not sure either team wins this deal...pretty sure neither team will win because of this deal. Diaz is nice, relievers are so unpredictable though, prospects are good but also who knows, I'll file this under "I don't care". Someone wake me up when the Red Sox make a splash.

They just won the series wth else u need?!?!?!?!!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Great, so now I need to add Diaz and Cano, and that Dunn I got will never move from the minor league pile into the major league one...

But maybe Anthony can get me a Kelenic Mets card IP? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Hopefully I'll get to see Kelenic play with the West Virginia Power this upcoming season in Lakewood. I saw him play this past season when I was on vacation. Kingsport came into Bristol and I watched him play. Kelenic was incredibly raw to say the least. He is athletic as all hell, but man...the kid is a long way away from the show. I'd venture to say at least three years. The Mets are smart moving him now.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
How long until Kelenic is in Modesto?!?!

Ordinarily I'd say not until 2020, but he's already 19 so if he makes a splash in Low-A I'd say a decent chance in the second half.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Kelenic was not a very willing signer last year in rookie ball. Good luck on an autograph [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION]

WaxPax

My take is they traded Kelenic, Dunn and Bautista for Diaz, which would seem a like an expected return for a Top 3 closer with 4 years of team control left....the rest is a swap of bad contracts which essentially gets them Cano for 12M per year.

Apparenly BVW is not done dealing, reports are Mets in on Kluber now....hmmm

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
My take is they traded Kelenic, Dunn and Bautista for Diaz, which would seem a like an expected return for a Top 3 closer with 4 years of team control left....the rest is a swap of bad contracts which essentially gets them Cano for 12M per year.

Apparenly BVW is not done dealing, reports are Mets in on Kluber now....hmmm

What do they have left to trade for Kluber? Indians probably want MLB ready guys because they’re window is closing. Mets Twitter says Thor for kluber but why not just keep him and have a really good staff?

WaxPax

What do they have left to trade for Kluber? Indians probably want MLB ready guys because they’re window is closing. Mets Twitter says Thor for kluber but why not just keep him and have a really good staff?

They traded their #4 & #5 prospects for Diaz essentially, which was very reasonable for the talent received back, they still have their top 3 plus SP's Kay and Peterson, if so inclined to trade any of them them.

BA's Mets top 10 prospects from earlier this week

1. Gimenez
2. Alonso
3. Mauricio
4. Kelenic
5. Dunn
6. Vientos
7. Kay
8. Peterson
9. Newton
10. Woods-Richardson

Neither Keleic or Dunn would be considered MLB ready anyway, so they would not be in play for Kluber*

Last edited:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
They traded their #4 & #5 prospects for Diaz essentially, which was very reasonable for the talent received back, they still have their top 3 plus SP's Kay and Peterson, if so inclined to trade any of them them.

BA's Mets top 10 prospects from earlier this week

1. Gimenez
2. Alonso
3. Mauricio
4. Kelenic
5. Dunn
6. Vientos
7. Kay
8. Peterson
9. Newton
10. Woods-Richardson

But if they need hitting u can’t move Alonso. I just can’t imagine using Thor to get Kluber. No doubt a top pitcher but next year is his 34 year old season.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
They better keep Robbie away from GNC, he gets popped again he is out for a year. otherwise i think it could be a good trade for the Metsie's

Members online

Latest posts