Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Handling ebay issues with a unique item.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
I hit a BIN on a pretty hard to find Griffey poster,thats been autographed.In the photo,it shows no creasing,bends or tears.I just recieved it today,its folded to all hell,small tears going down the right side.Appears it happened during shipping.I dont wanna return it due to it being auto'd with a cool inscription,but the condition really bothers me.I got it for a good price,if that matters.Hope for a partial?

Auction:
AFFCBA20-E861-479B-A793-7797EED949F9-17116-00000442A2E6F313.jpg

Recieved:
92BB73FE-503C-407A-892C-25DC5726AB1C-17116-000004428842F2C3.jpg

Last edited:

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
It was sent in a 'tube box' wrapped with a hair tie. :-/ Really bummed.Was really excited to add this.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
In as much as I hate getting damaged items (happened this week with a rare team issue photo), if it's rare and I want it, I just suck it up. I tell the seller what happened, and if they packaged the item reasonably, I leave positive feedback. As a seller, I'd pay for return shipping before I'd give a partial refund.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
BunchOBull,Thats how im looking at it.I'm gonna inform him,see what he says and just let it roll.I'd rather keep it,than never see another.

Pics added to OP.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
If its sent in a tube box, how did it get folded in shipping?

im pretty sure there are ways to remove folds from posters. Ive never done any personally. Anyone got any tips for the OP?

Last edited:

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
As far as removing folds from posters: Take a piece of parchment paper (i guess wax paper might be okay). Low heat, lots of rubbing the iron, don't let it sit in one spot. NO WATER EITHER

In the first pic....it kinda does look like its folded, look at the lines going across the bottom half. they are different than the creases in your received pic but could be a way the light hit the poster?

EDIT: NVM it was the Tile reflection

Last edited:

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
If its sent in a tube box, how did it get folded in shipping?

im pretty sure there are ways to remove folds from posters. Ive never done any personally. Anyone got any tips for the OP?

Im thinking the way he actually put it in the tube.It was rolled poorly,and held it place by a double tied hair tie,which had it compressed.
[MENTION=1759]magicpapa[/MENTION] ,Thank you sir ;) Really sucks about the condition its now in.Hopefully I can get these folds out.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Mentioned the issues to the sell,and he issued a partial with no issue.Now to figure out how to flatten this thing,lol.really dont want to,but may cut the sig out if i cant flatten it and make a custom piece.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
A frame shop can fix that. Sort of surprised they didn't ship it flat.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Gonna take it to a framing shop sometime this week and see what they can do.I'll besure to update.

Members online

Latest posts