Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

3rd base coach for the Dodgers is an idiot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
So the reason why that one was successful vs. the only other one attempted this season is the fact that Time Out was never called correct? I do know that in the first attempt time out was called, but I do not recall if an infielder called it or if the UMP called it on his own. Also, until time is called back in by the home plate umpire the ball is still dead and in the first instance the player put the tag on the runner before time was called back in and this is why it did not work.

I did not see time being called in yesterdays play, and that might be why it worked. The pitcher wasn't on the mound and so no real trickery was needed. Being that the ball was still live and many players AND coaches assuming that every time the ball comes into the infield there is a time out is the fault of the players and coaches for not paying attention. As a matter of fact ALL of the bench players should have been watching as well. I know when I was playing as a kid our coach ALWAYS made us pay attention to the game, none of this sitting back on the bench and looking around at other stuff. He would pop quiz us during the game to make sure our heads were in it.

Anyhow, it was not just the 3rd base coaches fault but a big part of the blame should be on him as the play was right in front of him. Davy Lopes should have also known time was not called and been on top of it.

Edit:
With the Dodgers win and D-Bags loss, the Dodgers now have a 6.5 game lead.

Since June 22 when they were 31-42 they have gone 35-8 and are now 66-50. Going from 11 games below .500 to 16 games over.

What a hell of a run!!!

Last edited:

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Love the hidden ball trick!! It's like a lunar eclipse, a rare and wonderful natural event.

Longo gets credit for the quick tag, but Wallach is beyond embarrassment. Not only did he see the ball come to Longo, but he is standing right next to Uribe talking to him while Longoria waits behind him and then applies the tag.

I'd love to hear what Mattingly thinks of Wallach's failure on that play.

Members online

No members online now.