Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

July Group Submission Thread (BGS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Got all my cards and correct grades this time so I'm very happy about that. 1 base Giolito auto and 2 base Polancos are not the exact ones I sent in but all received 9.5s so I don't think this will be an issue.

I would suggest to Chris to package the cards closer to the center of the box. However, the packaging was an improvement and none of my slabs are damaged. I am still missing my Blue Giolito auto 9.5 120/150 [and returns for 5 damaged slabs] from last month and it seems I'll be calling the store - just haven't had time to do it. Thanks for the service.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Can you scan them? If they're terrible, then maybe we can work out a reslab that goes directly from you to BGS.
To answer your question - I'm not sure. I don't think they put them in the sleeves. I am wanting to say I saw a video where they were just rubber-banded in a box.

The scratched ones I'm referring too are more of a scuff. I ignore scratches but the scuffing is very evident and takes away from the eye appeal. I wanted to sell these days back so I'll just sell for less and deal with that. The chipped ones will need to go back though. Bummer on the bags. They used too.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
bear055

I have your missing card. It went out in todays mail.

To everyone.

I sincerely apologize for the way all this went down. There were MAJOR communication issues with me and our BGS rep that caused this sub to get delayed, as well as the extreme backlog at BGS. Also when you consider that our sub times are not guaranteed (it's the reason we get the price we do) there is little I can do to speed up an order. This and the August sub were problems from the git go, as my personal life does not allow me any time to do virtually anything these days. I have having to spend every second I have working as I am pulling extra duty putting my wife through graduate school. I do not feel that I have communicated this very well to you guys. I have never, and will never screw anyone out of anything. I will be honest with you when you ask questions. I will pick up the phone when you call my store. I will not avoid you if you start asking me questions directly. I have responded to every PM I have received (because of the push notification on my phone mainly)

These two submissions will be the last I run, and this sub will be handed to more responsible hands VERY soon and you guys will all be thrilled with the announcement when it comes time to make it.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
I got all of my cards in today and for the most part I am happy with my grades. I went 6 of 8 on 9.5's. One card I will try a sub bump on at some point. It is just .5 away from a 9.5. The one that I wasn't happy with was a card that got a BGS 8 grade. I put on my submission for a minimum grade of 9, but I know that mistakes happen sometimes. I felt that I was butchered on a 7.5 surface grade when the rest of the card was a 9.5 or 10.

Chris, thanks again for running these submissions.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
bear055

I have your missing card. It went out in todays mail.

To everyone.

I sincerely apologize for the way all this went down. There were MAJOR communication issues with me and our BGS rep that caused this sub to get delayed, as well as the extreme backlog at BGS. Also when you consider that our sub times are not guaranteed (it's the reason we get the price we do) there is little I can do to speed up an order. This and the August sub were problems from the git go, as my personal life does not allow me any time to do virtually anything these days. I have having to spend every second I have working as I am pulling extra duty putting my wife through graduate school. I do not feel that I have communicated this very well to you guys. I have never, and will never screw anyone out of anything. I will be honest with you when you ask questions. I will pick up the phone when you call my store. I will not avoid you if you start asking me questions directly. I have responded to every PM I have received (because of the push notification on my phone mainly)

These two submissions will be the last I run, and this sub will be handed to more responsible hands VERY soon and you guys will all be thrilled with the announcement when it comes time to make it.

Thanks for the updates. I've never believed that you are out to get anyone and realize that more hands involved increases the chance that something gets delayed. However, I did inquire regarding my Giolito and request a price for the August submission via PM and never heard back. As a result, I still owe you money for 24 cards, 19 aus, 20 day.

[email protected]

May 3, 2011
These cards were mailed out. I'm sure you all will have them soon.

Hey Chris,

Were everyone's cards mailed out on the 27th? I still don't have mine. If you have a second, please let me know if they were sent. I know I live in CA, but it's been a full week. Just want to make sure they were sent to the right addess. Thanks again for all that you do here!

rookies_plus

Mar 28, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I am missing my Russell Wilson Topps Variation Auto, which recieved a 7 in the sub. Also my Alex Meyer Blue Wave auto, 9.5. Also missing my Chris Davis 2006 Bowman Chrome, mentioned in the video made and i have somebody's Dom Brown sterling ref auto.

rookies_plus

Mar 28, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Still have not received the Russell Wilson and Alex Meyer Blue Wave Auto -------------Does anybody care? Does anybody care here? Why are my two most valuable cards missing?

Members online

Latest posts