Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Steal or Deal?Jackie Robinson style.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Well,I've been looking for a Jackie Robinson GU'd card.Browsing Ebay one night,I seen this pop up for $8 shipped..Add the Ebay bucks and I got this for free.I'd prefer if it was Jackie by himself,but I really couldn't gripe because the price.I noticed the same card with just the Morgan piece sold for $8,previously.Much more value,or not so much?Thanks guys. 222002

A_Pharis

I've owned those before, and that set is always all over the place. I've seen the dual go from $15 and up. I've owned multiple of the Jackies solo and have paid from $10 to $24... so yeah, you did well. If you decided to resell it, you may not make a mint. I'd keep it, though. Nice card.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
I've owned those before, and that set is always all over the place. I've seen the dual go from $15 and up. I've owned multiple of the Jackies solo and have paid from $10 to $24... so yeah, you did well. If you decided to resell it, you may not make a mint. I'd keep it, though. Nice card.

Definitely keeping,and already put it up in my display cabinet.Kind of a odd pairing,with him and Morgan...But 2 HOF's,and one's Jackie,for $8.I'll take em' all day.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
My sincerest thanks for being late on this one.I was really hoping I wasn't gonna have to add a Tribute Bat card.lol

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Odd pairing thinkers, who would be a better pairing?

Just curious.

I think Jackie is more associated with the Dodgers and desegregation than the specific position he played so I imagine something associated with those would be a more obvious pairing but certainly this pairing has merit IMO.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I think the set has something to do with rivals so Reese, a teammate, doesn't make sense. Doby an AL guy that played CF doesn't fit well either.

Um Doby was only the first African American in the American League lol... And the second African American to play in the MLBs behind him...

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Um Doby was only the first African American in the American League lol... And the second African American to play in the MLBs behind him...

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Yes, well aware.

I was speaking to the "rival" connection.

Members online

Latest posts