Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Topps Archives: Clusterf*** edition.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
So let me get this straight, there is a set with Ellis Burks, Mike Greenwell, Fred Lynn and Tom Brunansky autographs?

Please excuse me while I go change my pants.

Greenwell was a plus for me as a well as a slew of other guys. But after a few diehards get their fix, these should be easy pickings. And I know it's not his first or his best(fleer did a greats nicknames set I think...) but the Mad Hungarian will be cool to get.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I'm curious as to why my link to the product with pictures was continuously deleted and replaced with a checklist, which was not the point of this thread.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'm curious as to why my link to the product with pictures was continuously deleted and replaced with a checklist, which was not the point of this thread.

I was wondering why you listed the entire checklist in the OP. I saw Belle will show up in the release but I was also interested in pictures, a link, etc.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I wonder if this product is better to pick up in Retail to stock up on the "base" cards and cheap inserts then pick up the individual Autos or harder to get Inserts that you want as Singles...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
And FAIL to Topps for not getting Finley and Tawny Kitaen on a dual Auto card.

Or maybe a dual with the PA guy in Chicago who one time played the Whitesnake song when Finley came out to the field...:lol:

Last edited:

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I may buy a blaster or two of these. Not sure that I will chase the whole set again. There are a few cards and autos I am interested in.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
There is A LOT going on there. Feels as Bob said, Cluster$$$$. They coulda of streamlined it IMO and made a better product. Within that bad there is some good items that collectors will want. Not sure breakers will so well as a bunch of autos won't be big $, but buyers should be happy.

They tried to squeeze Posey into about everything. Not sure how he fits w the others in that 83 auto set etc.

I'm looking forward to the Clark / Williams / Mitchell triple auto. I hope the card looks clean.

Ryan

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
They tried to squeeze Posey into about everything. Not sure how he fits w the others in that 83 auto set etc.

I'm looking forward to the Clark / Williams / Mitchell triple auto. I hope the card looks clean.

Ryan

Did you see the 1983 All Stars autograph set? It's Posey, then a bunch of players from the 1983 All Star game. "Out of place" doesn't even begin to cover that one.

I'd love to pull that Clark/Williams/cat killer auto, I wouldn't care if it's covered in smeared, crooked stickers and pictures of the three guys in the shower after a game. I didn't see a stated PR on those but I have to assume they're going to be quite limited.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Did you see the 1983 All Stars autograph set? It's Posey, then a bunch of players from the 1983 All Star game. "Out of place" doesn't even begin to cover that one.

I'd love to pull that Clark/Williams/cat killer auto, I wouldn't care if it's covered in smeared, crooked stickers and pictures of the three guys in the shower after a game. I didn't see a stated PR on those but I have to assume they're going to be quite limited.

Ha, not sure I could handle all that but I'll be on the lookout. If its a non-sticker (yeah I know) that would be great

Ryan

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Big mistake to not have any big stars in the ATFF set. Those are the most sought after cards on this release. I'm also ticked they won't have any 3-D cards. I bought the set the last two years.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using the FCB mobile app.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Were Harper and Darvish listed on the auto checklist right away last year, or were they added as the release date got closer?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I, for one, will be collecting the 1971 Greatest Moments cards, hopefully with the autographs. I've been working on a PSA Registry set for over a decade (ugh) and these will happily supplement my collection.

Members online

Latest posts