Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Alex Liddi called up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
..who was it here that liked big Italian guys? :-|

in other news Maurer was finally sent down.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
[MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] not trying to rub salt in the wound, but wasn't his super stole from you?

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
with Wedge feeling the heat I bet they don't even give Liddi a true test but instead bat him exclusively vs leftys.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
with Wedge feeling the heat I bet they don't even give Liddi a true test but instead bat him exclusively vs leftys.

They shouldn't let him face righties because he's awful against them.

.253/.302/.447 against RHP in AAA this year with a 37% strikeout rate. Thirty-seven percent. In his third stint in the PCL. This dude does not belong in a mlb uniform.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
its because Wedge knows "never to mess with a Sicilian when death is on the line"....and in his case it is. ;)

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
So assuming Bonderman is brought up to make Maurer's next start, who is send back down: Franklin or Liddi?

Franklin won't go down until Ackley's ready to play again, or unless he struggles REALLY BAD. They have no one else to play second (and no, Triunfel is not the answer everyday), unless they move Seager over and put Liddi at third, but why mess with Seager.

As for Bonderman, if he comes up in a couple days, my guess is they send a bullpen arm down (Farquhar anyone?) But with that, Noesi just came back up too, so he may make Maurer's next start.

toadfan106

May 2, 2009
Bonderman is not on the 40 man roster, so unless they DFA someone, I don't think Bonderman is the guy they will call up (uless of course they move someone to the 60 day DL). I suspect that they will throw Noesi into the rotation and call up another reliever right before what was Maurer's next scheduled start, which probably means Liddi or Truinfel heads back to Tacoma.

Members online

Latest posts