Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Things that Aggrevate you about FCB's software.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
going to login redirects you to "invalid login" type of page, then can click to go to a page and suddenly logged in.
the mobile extra posts showing up.
blowout doesn't pay you to do their mobile app.

I think those are the big 3 for me.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I host my own images on my website, so when I want to add an image into a message, I copy the URL from my site and then just hit paste when I get back to the FCB quick reply menu. I'd much prefer if there was a button for
tags in addition to the "Insert Image" button in the tool bar. I don't like a new window pop-up for each image I want to add. Couple of sites I go to allow me to just highlight my pasted URL, hit an "IMG Tags" button, and it will put the IMG tags on my link. Can also be done for URL tags. As it is now, I find it faster to physically type in the IMG tags around my pasted URLs than use the Insert Image tool. But having buttons for those tags would really speed things up for me, especially when posting multiple images.

Last edited:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Another one... the search feature. If I search for a specific term, when I click on a search result to a thread that has multiple pages, it takes me to the first page of the thread, even if it doesn't have the search term I'm looking for. So I have to click through multiple pages to find the highlighted term. Would be nicer if it just automatically went to the page that the highlighted search term is on.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Sometimes when I go to add an image from my phone, the pop up window shows only the cancel bar.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Does the software still throw an automatic tag on serial numbers? Let's see: Card is number #17 /40. Is there any way to have it recognize that with the slash, it's not a hashtag reference? As of now, when I type a serial number it adds the hashtag and extra space automatically - don't like that. #17/40 - had to go to edit message, and delete the URL tag manually to get it to appear this way.

Last edited:

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I never have speed/upload problems with the app.. Unless I'm in a metal building but then my service is slowed anyway.
Quotes and mentions don't work like they used to is it

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Photobucket. Not really an FCB issue though. I just hate links taking me there

Ogando, Michael Young, Leonys Martin and all Texas Rangers

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Is the speed issue a software problem or a hosting problem?

On the mobile app, when I view a thread and the pics are externally hosted, I get a square with the broken image icon in the middle of it.

Also echo'ing being able to use html or quick tag a pic that Im hosting and isnt being uploaded to your server.

Fordman

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
I host my own images on my website, so when I want to add an image into a message, I copy the URL from my site and then just hit paste when I get back to the FCB quick reply menu. I'd much prefer if there was a button for
tags in addition to the "Insert Image" button in the tool bar. I don't like a new window pop-up for each image I want to add. Couple of sites I go to allow me to just highlight my pasted URL, hit an "IMG Tags" button, and it will put the IMG tags on my link. Can also be done for URL tags. As it is now, I find it faster to physically type in the IMG tags around my pasted URLs than use the Insert Image tool. But having buttons for those tags would really speed things up for me, especially when posting multiple images.

Do you know you can just drag and drop an image into a post? You don't need to copy the URL or mess with img tags.

I'll second getting rid of the twitter hashtag link thing

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
One issue I have often on app (Android) is when I go to upload a picture, it will go thru the process but won't allow me to upload it. I'll hit the photo button, select my photo, then little window pops up and options are cancel or upload. Upload isn't option lots of times. So I'll hit cancel, copy my message and try again. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Next time it happens I'll get a screenshot of it.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Absolutely! Especially after typing a long post.

Here's something which happens many times to me.

I start typing and after a while, the words and letters start lagging behind and some words don't actually get posted.

So I might type out "I don't think Bryce Harper is over rated but some people do" only for it to actually post as "I don't think Bryce is over but some do"

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Do you know you can just drag and drop an image into a post? You don't need to copy the URL or mess with img tags.

I'll second getting rid of the twitter hashtag link thing

I'm testing your suggestion. Doesn't work in Internet Explorer - the image opens in a new browser window. In Chrome, it pastes the URL like below, but no image tags. What browser are you using?

http://www.markgrace.com/cards/1986/86PROCARDS.jpg

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Absolutely! Especially after typing a long post.

Here's something which happens many times to me.

I start typing and after a while, the words and letters start lagging behind and some words don't actually get posted.

So I might type out "I don't think Bryce Harper is over rated but some people do" only for it to actually post as "I don't think Bryce is over but some do"

Sounds like most of these issues are ie related

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
I'm testing your suggestion. Doesn't work in Internet Explorer - the image opens in a new browser window. In Chrome, it pastes the URL like below, but no image tags. What browser are you using?

http://www.markgrace.com/cards/1986/86PROCARDS.jpg

Chrome, that's weird. Here is a screen shot of me doing it. I literally just grab it and it gives that little image, and then wherever I put it the actual image shows up, no code.

Untitled.jpg

and the final product

9148003_orig.jpg

Members online