Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OFFICIAL DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION THREAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Who does everyone think will make it to the bigs first - Rodon or Nola?

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
As an Evansville alum (and Padre fan), I was hoping Kyle Freeland would fall to San Diego at 13.

(Colorado nabbed him at 8, as predicted by the FCB's resident expert.)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
What can you tell me about Michael Chavis, JP?

Scouting Report:

As many of the toolsy high school position players raise questions about their hitting ability, the players that teams are confident will hit have moved up draft boards, and Chavis is one of the better bats in the class. He has a chance to go in the first round, a testament to his consistency as a 5-foot-10, 192-pound righthanded hitter. Chavis has tremendous strength through his hands and wrists and produces plus bat speed from a short, compact stroke. He hit consistently on the showcase circuit, including sending a 94 mph fastball from Touki Toussaint right back up the box at East Coast Pro. He has plus raw power that translates to game action. Currently a high school shortstop, Chavis will likely move off the position as a pro. Third base remains his most likely destination because of his first-step quickness, body control and above-average arm. Catching is an option and he has the necessary physical attributes, but he has spent limited time behind the plate. He has slightly above-average speed that will likely settle in around average with his strong, compact build. The Clemson commit is a high-effort, gamer who endears himself to scouts with his style of play, and scouts lauded his work ethic.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Scouting Report:

As many of the toolsy high school position players raise questions about their hitting ability, the players that teams are confident will hit have moved up draft boards, and Chavis is one of the better bats in the class. He has a chance to go in the first round, a testament to his consistency as a 5-foot-10, 192-pound righthanded hitter. Chavis has tremendous strength through his hands and wrists and produces plus bat speed from a short, compact stroke. He hit consistently on the showcase circuit, including sending a 94 mph fastball from Touki Toussaint right back up the box at East Coast Pro. He has plus raw power that translates to game action. Currently a high school shortstop, Chavis will likely move off the position as a pro. Third base remains his most likely destination because of his first-step quickness, body control and above-average arm. Catching is an option and he has the necessary physical attributes, but he has spent limited time behind the plate. He has slightly above-average speed that will likely settle in around average with his strong, compact build. The Clemson commit is a high-effort, gamer who endears himself to scouts with his style of play, and scouts lauded his work ethic.
Awesome sounds like a well rounded player who might be able to play anywhere we need him. That last sentence makes me believe he will get along very well with Mr. Dustin Pedroia. :)

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Very happy with the Jays picks. Sounds like Hoffman wants to sign ASAP.
Pentecost will hopefully be a catcher that actually pans out. The Jays have never had much luck developing catching prospects (not counting Delgado).

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Gatewood is a great get for Milwaukee. Say that 5 times fast.

[MENTION=2235]sheetskout[/MENTION] [MENTION=2016]hive17[/MENTION]

MichaelStanton2010

Feb 14, 2010
Milwaukee has made some great picks thus far...really nice high ceiling picks if they can sign them...Cubs had the worst draft so far IMO....Cubs must be looking to save some money early to spend later. Would be pretty upset if I was a Cubs fan

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Any opinion on Weaver or Flarhety?Heard the latter was supposed to be one of tougher signs in draft.

Weaver is a project; Flaherty is indeed a tough sign. I think the Cards can get it done, though.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I love going totally off the board, so here they are.

1. Astros - Tyler Kolek
2. Marlins - Carlos Rodon
3. White Sox - Aaron Nola
4. Cubs - Brady Aiken
5. Twins - Nick Gordon
6. Mariners - Alex Jackson

7. Phillies - Michael Conforto
8. Rockies - Kyle Freeland
9. Blue Jays - Trea Turner
10. Mets - Touki Toussaint

3 out of 10. Hey, I'm on a roll - for me, that's great.

Members online