Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2014 Topps (High) Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'll admit I've overpaid for the Bagwells but I just want the damn thing done. I'm probably easily in the $250 range. It'll be a lot more before I'm done I'm sure. But with this new stuff, I try to snag everything as soon as possible. Mostly because I'm not keeping up a current checklist and it's something I don't want to have to worry about. I've got bigger fish to fry...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I wanted the damn thing done too. I still need one SP and the base card but those will come. I knocked out the balance and it feels good.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Question for everyone. Are the "Printing Plates" in this release like typical printing plates as far as feel, look, etc.? The reason why I ask and I hinted at this earlier is that I own the diffractor 1/1 now and then last night got in another 1/1 from the release which doesn't have the diffractor-like finish but it does have 1/1 serial numbered on the back. I suppose this could be the Black Printing Plate but unsure. There aren't other 1/1s listed as being out there, so not sure what exactly it is. I'm sure it isn't an error but rather another 1/1 variation or just the Black Printing Plate but it isn't like a traditional one.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
The printing plates are now called press plates. Same YCBM colors, but they're acetate instead of metal.

They look a lot better than printing plates, imo

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
The printing plates are now called press plates. Same YCBM colors, but they're acetate instead of metal.

They look a lot better than printing plates, imo

So they feel like the regular card for this release? If so, then I have the Black Press Plate I guess. This card I have is not metal.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
So how many cards are there for a player total here? I have a few McGriff ones on the way and may chase some of the rest. Thanks

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So how many cards are there for a player total here? I have a few McGriff ones on the way and may chase some of the rest. Thanks
I'm sure it can be different depending on what your player has in the release but for Belle it is 19 total all-in...

base + seven diffractors that are each serial numbered + one 1/1 + four proof plates

Then five SP patterns... and he is on the TEKonics /50, so that is another

=19 cards

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
My pull from last Friday
DKcNRWN.jpg

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
Got shatter strip for $16 shipped sold for $99 other one only two up got of 5 for $60 only one up. Considering I overpaid slightly on two I actually feel it would cost you $500+ for the 14 gwynns at this point at best.

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
So they feel like the regular card for this release? If so, then I have the Black Press Plate I guess. This card I have is not metal.
Didn't see this answered, so yes. They are just like a regular card, but in the C-M-Y-K colors.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I know my other case did not have any Belles or even McGriffs
But it did have A couple Wright's one was low numbered to 10 and Red the other I think was a gold.

And I got 4. Black and Whites in my new case.
Butler 1/1 non auto ?
Alomar Black/ White waves auto /15
Frank Thomas Black/White Spirals non auto'd not numbered either
Pedoria Black/White non auto/15

Alomar Base auto waves too
I can't remember the other stuff off my head

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts