Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage and hall of fame patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
I hve missed out on a couple Harmon killebrew patch cards lately, so I was pleased when I landed this gourgous killebrew timeless treasures logo patch card :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 42

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
How do you view pants patches (name stitching) compared to jersey patches?

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008

Pants patches for me <<< Jersey patches. I'm currently trying to transition to only jersey patches. Pants, managers, old times ect don't do it as much for me anymore. I realize I am really limiting myself but i want to enjoy my collection and I enjoy it more when it's more than likely jersey patch. I do have some pant and managers patch/buttons that I can't just quite let go of yet but I think eventually I want to just have jersey (patch, button, tag) pieces in my collection. Same thing with tags.

Some player may never have jersey pieces so in that sense I will be ok owning a premium piece of those pants from those players. I have a Ruth pants button that I will more than likely never part with even if and when I get a jersey button of his.

Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Pants patches for me <<< Jersey patches. I'm currently trying to transition to only jersey patches. Pants, managers, old times ect don't do it as much for me anymore. I realize I am really limiting myself but i want to enjoy my collection and I enjoy it more when it's more than likely jersey patch. I do have some pant and managers patch/buttons that I can't just quite let go of yet but I think eventually I want to just have jersey (patch, button, tag) pieces in my collection. Same thing with tags.

Some player may never have jersey pieces so in that sense I will be ok owning a premium piece of those pants from those players. I have a Ruth pants button that I will more than likely ever part with even if and when I get a jersey button of his.

Interesting perspective. I'm kind of torn on the patches that include part of the players name for the pants. On one hand it's pretty cool that it has his name, on the other hand it's not a patch that was ever visible on the players clothing since it's on the inside.

That said, depending on the player, I would say beggars can't be choosers. I should have a scan tonight of one :)

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Interesting perspective. I'm kind of torn on the patches that include part of the players name for the pants. On one hand it's pretty cool that it has his name, on the other hand it's not a patch that was ever visible on the players clothing since it's on the inside.

That said, depending on the player, I would say beggars can't be choosers. I should have a scan tonight of one :)

Would pant patches be considered rarer?

I guess I wouldn't care either ways since its really the look of the patch for me...

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa

Pants stitching and tags I have no problem with as long as I know what they are. I certainly value them much less then jersey peices. I would never trade a nice jersey patch for a pants piece. With that being said for certain players the only thing available will be pants and if I want that player on will buy prime pants pieces. Can't wait to see your scan :)

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
$4500 for the Williams jersey. Was it a buyer from here? Seems like a good price to me, since the estimate was way low. I know it's not Red Sox, but the crossover military appeal here is off the charts.

Seems very low. I had thought 10k, but may there was too much doubt. But had I had the funds, I woulda liked it.

Ryan

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Seems very low. I had thought 10k, but may there was too much doubt. But had I had the funds, I woulda liked it.

Ryan

I was the second highest bidder. Would have loved to go higher but spent too much on other things recently and wasn't sure how to price it...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I was the second highest bidder. Would have loved to go higher but spent too much on other things recently and wasn't sure how to price it...

Yeah I get it, at least you placed a bid unlike me ;) I think a lil more to see it in game use woulda drove up the price. I don't doubt he wore it, and it's extremely unique. Wonder if a company actually bought it?

Ryan

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah I get it, at least you placed a bid unlike me ;) I think a lil more to see it in game use woulda drove up the price. I don't doubt he wore it, and it's extremely unique. Wonder if a company actually bought it?

Ryan

To me the Navy thing is more cool than an MLB game worn jersey. Love when military and baseball meet.

A_Pharis

To me the Navy thing is more cool than an MLB game worn jersey. Love when military and baseball meet.

Consider the number of Red Sox jerseys vs the number of Navy jerseys. I mean, I get that the Red Sox jerseys are CLEARLY desirable... but baseball fans (historical baseball fans) love the link to the military that a number of players had. To think of how few opportunities you would have to own something like this..

It's not like this was just some random player. It was Ted freaking Williams!

I really hope it doesn't end up getting sliced.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yes I agree to both of you , although I am not a Military collector, I do love the "oddballness" of it. It's very unique!

Ryan

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
4500 is a absolute steal. Ted Williams MLB jerseys bring over 50k. Considering how rare and important of a time frame this jersey came from its incredibly cheap

Latest posts