Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

In case you have $15K burning a hole in your pocket.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So in 14.years the hobby has gone from $100 Pack to $15k pack.

This ain't the way to bring in new blood

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
So in 14.years the hobby has gone from $100 Pack to $15k pack.

This ain't the way to bring in new blood

Why?

These products aren't for the new blood. These products are for people who like to gamble on these breaks. Some people enjoy the attention that comes from breaking something like this...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
After hearing that guy yell out "Nine of Twenty!" over and over again my ears are ringing.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
The only card I liked was the Jordan with the diamonds in the card. I liked the guys box that he sold at the Nationals much better than this I am sorry but with $15,000 I can think of a lot better things I would want.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Have any other redemptions popped up? I'd be curious to know what else is out there... or in there.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Jordan "diamond" sold for $7500

Is that the best card in the set?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Jordan "diamond" sold for $7500

Is that the best card in the set?

There's different versions of the diamond card with 2,3 or 4 diamonds. I think the prices will drop like crazy when more product is opened.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
It looks like probstein has a box worth scanned and listed on ebay now. But as I am looking at the autos, does it seem to anyone else that all the edges are chipped/worn?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
It looks like probstein has a box worth scanned and listed on ebay now. But as I am looking at the autos, does it seem to anyone else that all the edges are chipped/worn?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Redemption is a Keyshawn Johnson jersey.

Can't say I'm too impressed with the redemptions...

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
USC jersey and helmet. That's kind of cool.

It's a cool piece but Keyshawn was never a superstar and for most fans is not a player they really care to own something from IMO. In a set built around the greatest names of all time, this doesn't fit

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
It's a cool piece but Keyshawn was never a superstar and for most fans is not a player they really care to own something from IMO. In a set built around the greatest names of all time, this doesn't fit

I understand that, Top, but I was just pointing out that it wasn't just a jersey. And Keyshawn wasn't a HOFer in the NFL, but he was a tremendous college player and USC fans will want it and there's a lot of money in USC alumni.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Basically you get a complete set of autos of whatever color and 3 other cards that are always the same but different players and the "big" redemption. For that money I'd like a little variety

left out the puzzle pieces on purpose. At least they gave you the entire set which is kinda cool, but not in a 15k box!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I don't think anyone can, with a straight face, tell you this product is worth the price. But that differs how from any other wax rip out there? That said, at least the autos are of guys who are the best of the best. My hesitation would be more related to this:

Let's say I sit down and decide I want to buy autos of the top athletes in the world over their respective sports. I would first probably prefer either the "top card" possible of said athlete, or, depending on the price(because you know some of those cards might equal the price, or a good portion of it, that this box costs), a display piece. Maybe a signed Tony Hawk skateboard deck(generic birdhouse would have done I suppose...don't follow skating as much any more), or a Michael Jordan basketball, etc. Secondly, do I want all the autos? I do not follow or like golf. I do not follow or collect hockey. So if I buy this, I'm either keeping stuff I don't want or having to turn around and sell it to recoup on costs that, in my mind, was unnecessary. Unnecessary in the regard that I may have been better off buying single items without paying more buying something with inclusions I don't need.

I believe that this product would and should cater to only two kinds of people. People who collect UD products in general, and player collectors. Because honestly, if I'm strictly a card guy and want a random auto, these are not what I'd consider the best to have or ones I'd go after. And honestly, if I'm having to shell out for a Jordan auto, I want a display piece. Somebody random, maybe not if you just want an auto for your collection. Perhaps be picky but you certainly will run out of room for basketballs. But for Jordan, you're already paying top dollar. Might as well get something worth having.

In all reality, I don't even think this product really caters to those who can afford it. Because if you can afford to buy and actually keep something that costs $15,000, you've probably already got much higher quality items in your collection.

Just my thoughts.

Members online

Latest posts