Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

guru - LIVE BREAK!!! - 3 packs of Panini Rewards 2017 Donruss Optic White Sparkle Prizms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guru

Jun 25, 2014
Kentucky
Pack #1

Freddie Freeman #69
Frank Thomas #158 :idea:
Renato Nunez RC Rated Rookie #56 :)

guru

Jun 25, 2014
Kentucky
Pack #2

Anthony Rizzo #81 :cool:
Yoenis Cespedes #121
Alex Bregman RC Rated Rookie #43 :grouphug:

TxRyan

Jan 21, 2016
Has the print run for this variation been published? And if so, where?

When these first starting appearing on eBay, several listings claimed /5. But it quickly became clear this was not true because I have seen more than 5 of these listed on ebay for the same card at the same time. They certainly seem rare, but not terribly rare.

For example, today, you can see that 5 Kirby Puckett's have been SOLD and a sixth is still currently available for sale.
Likewise, there have been 4 Aaron Judge SOLD and still two currently available for sale.

That is 6 each for those players, not including those that are already in PC, still in packs, or may never hit eBay.

TxRyan

Jan 21, 2016
I have never seen these before. How much was the Puckett?

The ones which have sold on ebay (as of 8-30-2017) have gone for:

$83.00
$91.00
$120.00
$98.00
$99.99

And there is currently one available for $79.95 BIN. I would assume this is not a re-list/flip attempt since the price is lower than all previously sold ones.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I am surprised they sell that well.
There are a lot of Puckett collectors out there, including myself. Many are completionists and many have deep pockets for his cards. He passed over 10 years ago now so without any new autos, cool inserts like this are worth the money imo. Even without logos, this product looks great and I like the parallels as well.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Freedom Card Board mobile app

TxRyan

Jan 21, 2016
Well, I decided the pull the trigger and purchased a Brian Dozier for $14.99 dlvd for my PC. Based on what I'm seeing, I think that's a pretty good price.

I don't know for sure. I will ask around to see what I can find out.

Thanks! Let us know what you find.

There are a lot of Puckett collectors out there, including myself. Many are completionists and many have deep pockets for his cards. He passed over 10 years ago now so without any new autos, cool inserts like this are worth the money imo. Even without logos, this product looks great and I like the parallels as well.

I agree. I have long resisted buying unlicensed product, but the Optic offering from Panini (both last year's intro set and this year's) has won me over--very attractive cards.

But I don't think I'll go after the Puckett. I have a huge Puckett collection, but I made the decision a few years ago not to attempt to super collect his newer cards. He is just too popular, a HOF super star, and some of the prices on limited items are just off the charts. Instead, I decided to just pick a favorite player that I just thought was a good guy and fun to watch--Brian Dozier. Cards were cheap and I was getting everything. Shortly after my decision, Dozier became and All-Star and started hitting home runs like crazy. Suddenly, his cards became expensive and he became fairly popular and there were new collectors to compete with. *Sigh*

But I'm sticking to it for now and continue to super collect Dozier, I have most of his non-1/1 cards and a few of those too. But its really hard to keep up. Sometimes, when a new product comes out, especially one of the super high-end offerings from Topps, I find myself almost hoping that Brian Dozier is NOT in the set.

Members online