Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The ODDBALL thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
20140222_103714_zpsbp4qan0t.jpg

Is this a tee shirt?

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Here are a couple of promo / odd-ball items, sorry for the large scans.

1986 Star Stickers w/ Canseco

1989 UD Commemorative Sheet

1991 Fleer Pro Visions Promo Front

1991 Fleer Pro Visions Promo Back

Collect-A-Book Promo Front and Back Cover

1994 Planters Bottle Caps Back / POG

And my absolute favorite item in my collection.....

Will Clark Jacket

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Here are a couple of promo / odd-ball items, sorry for the large scans.

1986 Star Stickers w/ Canseco

1989 UD Commemorative Sheet

1991 Fleer Pro Visions Promo Front

1991 Fleer Pro Visions Promo Back

Collect-A-Book Promo Front and Back Cover

1994 Planters Bottle Caps Back / POG

And my absolute favorite item in my collection.....

Will Clark Jacket

That jacket is awesome also!

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
That jacket is awesome also!

I love my jacket, got it from my Grandma in the early '90's, she got it on clearance in some thrift shop. I've never seen another one in person but have seen one on eBay and one featuring Mark Grace I think. I used to wear it to Giants games as 14 year old kid and everyone would tell me how cool the jacket was or how badly they wanted one. My goal as a kids was to have the jacket signed by Clark, I tried at evey game I went to, even after he was traded during interleague games, with no luck. I finally go it signed when Clark did a signing for the local AAA team of the Giants a few years back.

A picture from that event with my son William, named after Will Clark, and Clark sharing a high five:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I love my jacket, got it from my Grandma in the early '90's, she got it on clearance in some thrift shop. I've never seen another one in person but have seen one on eBay and one featuring Mark Grace I think. I used to wear it to Giants games as 14 year old kid and everyone would tell me how cool the jacket was or how badly they wanted one. My goal as a kids was to have the jacket signed by Clark, I tried at evey game I went to, even after he was traded during interleague games, with no luck. I finally go it signed when Clark did a signing for the local AAA team of the Giants a few years back.

A picture from that event with my son William, named after Will Clark, and Clark sharing a high five:

Awesome pic of the high five!

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I won this on eBay yesterday. It's not on my Bonds checklist which is pretty extensive including oddballs. I have all his phone cards for this product up to $100. I was unaware of a $200 issue. This issue is shaped like a standard card not a phone card and the picture looks like an artist's rendering. My guess is that it's some kind of unreleased prototype but the listing states 'This is not the sample card people are trying to sell but the real phone card.' Maybe [MENTION=2659]tpeichel[/MENTION] is familiar? $abondsphon.jpg$abondsphon1.jpg

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I won this on eBay yesterday. It's not on my Bonds checklist which is pretty extensive including oddballs. I have all his phone cards for this product up to $100. I was unaware of a $200 issue. This issue is shaped like a standard card not a phone card and the picture looks like an artist's rendering. My guess is that it's some kind of unreleased prototype but the listing states 'This is not the sample card people are trying to sell but the real phone card.' Maybe @tpeichel is familiar? View attachment 35792View attachment 35793

Yeah, I haven't seen that before.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
They have softened a bit, but that is probably a good price. The oddball sellers probably buy them up at the lower prices and break them for single sales, so finding the set becomes more difficult. I think ebay has been over run with a lot of what was once tougher oddball singles though. Too many people buying sets and breaking then up now.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
Pinnacle Header 1.JPGAny interest in a Pinnacle header? Pictures Ken Griffey Jr., Cal Ripken, Mike Piazza, Frank Thomas, Alex Rodriguez and Klesco for the baseball cards in a can.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.