Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew *October 2018* POSTSEASON CONTEST EDITION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
A Putin shill for a leader...well that is too bad for the people over there, but at least Americans of today feel their pain in this regard.

From what I read the new guy is also a Putin shill so I don't things will get any better than the Kirsan days.

I'm surprised he lasted 20 years. If I were running for Pres against him I'd just mention how much tighter my ass is as I've never been in an Alien spaceship. :rolleyes:
I guess what really killed him was getting all his bank accounts in the USA suspended and being barred from the country.

speaking of crazy. . . . .

:lol:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
A Putin shill for a leader...well that is too bad for the people over there, but at least Americans of today feel their pain in this regard.

When seen together they look really awkward, as if to say "we cant let anyone know we just ****** each other off in the gents room"

kirsan-with-putin-2-540x300.jpg

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Well, my NL pick for the contest wins game 1, so far so good. NL kind of a crap shoot this year and for a long while I thought Braves might win but I switched to Brew Crew for the contest.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Well, my NL pick for the contest wins game 1, so far so good. NL kind of a crap shoot this year and for a long while I thought Braves might win but I switched to Brew Crew for the contest.

You were smart for doing so. I can't believe there were people who actually chose the Braves in my contest. So far the series is going exactly as I assumed it would.

I wanted to run the contest so I could see who people truly believed would make it to the World Series and win it all without any bias or desire to please others in their choices. The only way you can do that is by offering money or something worth money as a prize. Otherwise, people will say all kinds of $hit they don't actually believe themselves. When it comes to money, people don't f*ck around.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
For the record if any AL team this year was in the NL I would have picked them to make the WS over the Brew.
Then it comes to picking the WS winning itself, which is hard considering not only the small sample size but the DH vs no DH rules makes all these games look a little strange.

I guess anything can happen in this small sample size. I was thinking how dumb the 03 WS was the other day... did anyone pick that year right? And the Yanks outscored them in the WS yet didn't even make it to a G7.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I think Milwaukee or LA fair well in a DH situation. They both made trades to get extra bats and LA has been sitting muncy against lefties and he can hit them well enough. I hope Sale has enough in the tank to do something. It'd be a shame for the Sox to limp out this year.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
LA has a nice roider lineup worthy of an AL park... I just think they fall short this time due to bullpen.

Sox just need to get past the Astros, I thought they were #2 last year... just faced the wrong team first. :( Maybe we will see a Porcello vs Verlander matchup this time D2R?? ;)

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
LA has a nice roider lineup worthy of an AL park... I just think they fall short this time due to bullpen.

Sox just need to get past the Astros, I thought they were #2 last year... just faced the wrong team first. :( Maybe we will see a Porcello vs Verlander matchup this time D2R?? ;)

JV will finally get his revenge with a complete game shutout...calling it now (if it were to happen).

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Did postseason Clayton Kershaw just turn into regular season Clayton Kershaw?? :confused:

That's like David Eckstein turning into Babe Ruth.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Ooh, that's rough. But true. If that guy keeps pitching like that, LA will be tough to beat.

The Rockies, on the other hand, have turned into the bad news bears. At least the hitters have anyway. Pitching has been solid. By my count, over the last 4 games, the hitters have accomplished this:

40 innings played
36 innings with zero runs scored
6 total runs scored

Including the tiebreaker versus LA, which is basically a playoff game, they have lost 3 of 4 playoff games while producing the above run totals. It's a bloody miracle that the won one of those games. Damnit.

On the bright side, I won a 2004 Alomar autograph card numbered to 5 today. It's a sticker auto but I don't have any problem with those. Kind of like them, perversely enough.

Did postseason Clayton Kershaw just turn into regular season Clayton Kershaw?? :confused:

That's like David Eckstein turning into Babe Ruth.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yep, Rox are done. At least they can take solace in the fact that the weather is almost cold enough to make use for those big beards they have. . .

Congrats on the pickup, how many of the 5 do you own?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yeah. They are done. I wouldn't rule out them winning 3 in a row, they are the kind of team that can bounce back from a bad stretch and get hot quick. But odds are seriously against it. They would have to beat a very good team that, you know, WON THEIR DIVISION, and beat them three times in a row. It sucks. This coulda been the year. But it is indeed getting chilly here so those lumbersexual guys will have use for their beards.

I only have one of the 5 and feel lucky to have it. Of the 2000's inserts numbered to 5 though, I probably have 15-20 of them.

Any pickups for your collection lately? What is new?

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yeah. They are done. I wouldn't rule out them winning 3 in a row, they are the kind of team that can bounce back from a bad stretch and get hot quick. But odds are seriously against it. They would have to beat a very good team that, you know, WON THEIR DIVISION, and beat them three times in a row. It sucks. This coulda been the year. But it is indeed getting chilly here so those lumbersexual guys will have use for their beards.

I only have one of the 5 and feel lucky to have it. Of the 2000's inserts numbered to 5 though, I probably have 15-20 of them.

Any pickups for your collection lately? What is new?

Yeah this really was the most open NL year.... maybe most open in 20 years when kinda crappy Padres team won the NL with 2 rental players but we know how that story ended.

I don't even think the huge beard thing works. As long as you have 1 inch of beard that will help cold, but then its just diminishing returns.. this year might be the 3rd or 4th time I am over 10" and its mostly so people don't look at me. :) Maybe you don't need any beard, just good socks.. idk.

My next collecting goal is just to sell already so I can get some more cash to put into new. . . . collecting projects. :lol: I need to figure out how Biblio works, I've been buying from them but now its time to sell. Also really need to 100% understand how COMC works (again, Ive bought from them but not sold) I don't want to shoot myself in the foot and end up losing something since sellers get screwed everywhere these days.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yeah. The AL was sown up early but NL not so much. It was a charlie foxtrot until the last day of the season. But fun to watch.

You have a 10" beard? Holy crap. He's a lumberjack and he's OK :). My opinion of beards comes mostly from the fact that I look like hammered ass with a beard. They look OK on some people but not me. Cold-wise however, I am not sold on the benefits of even a short beard. I spent 3+ years in Antarctica and tried just about everything. In the end I decided on clean shaven, but I admit I was in the minority.

Yeah this really was the most open NL year.... maybe most open in 20 years when kinda crappy Padres team won the NL with 2 rental players but we know how that story ended.

I don't even think the huge beard thing works. As long as you have 1 inch of beard that will help cold, but then its just diminishing returns.. this year might be the 3rd or 4th time I am over 10" and its mostly so people don't look at me. :) Maybe you don't need any beard, just good socks.. idk.

My next collecting goal is just to sell already so I can get some more cash to put into new. . . . collecting projects. :lol: I need to figure out how Biblio works, I've been buying from them but now its time to sell. Also really need to 100% understand how COMC works (again, Ive bought from them but not sold) I don't want to shoot myself in the foot and end up losing something since sellers get screwed everywhere these days.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
ah yeah, I was thinking more of standard cold. I think you're fcked in Antarctica either way! 3 years sounds like a long time. . . did you go for the Metallica concert then get lost? :lol: You'd have to wander around eating Jerrymeat for a decades, only picking up watches along the way(if anyone saw Cube2 like I said you'll know what I mean)

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Even with standard cold, the beard does have some advantages. Not enough for me to adopt it, but like I say I'm biased because I look like a fcktard with a beard. Movie wise, it's more like The Thing than Cube2...haha.

COMC - yeah it's complicated. I haven't ever sold anything on ebay or comc or anything else. Part of it is because I'm a collector, not an investor. I just buy sht I want to have and that's it. But I am slowly amassing a bunch of crap that I really should sell and make a few bucks. Not quite to the critical mass yet, but getting there. Like you I hate to wade into something that I don't fully understand, but that viewpoint is changing as I get older. I find there is real value in just going for it - to a degree. Not jumping into a shark tank with a cap gun, but taking a calculated risk that even if I don't fully grasp something, I'll adapt and figure it out. That approach serves me well, mostly. The alternative for me is waiting until I fully understand something - which is never - and therefore I never do it.

ah yeah, I was thinking more of standard cold. I think you're fcked in Antarctica either way! 3 years sounds like a long time. . . did you go for the Metallica concert then get lost? :lol: You'd have to wander around eating Jerrymeat for a decades, only picking up watches along the way(if anyone saw Cube2 like I said you'll know what I mean)

Members online

Latest posts