Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Speaking of Thomas steals, this makes me cry. No, I didn't get it, just doing my semi-regular mystery Emerald search. Free shipping!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Upper-Deck-Black-Diamond-Mystery-Numbers-Emerald-Frank-Thomas-Chicago-/131613508619?hash=item1ea4c6c40b:g:3z8AAOxyAZ9SSmTo

I was the buyer and the seller sent me the base version. When I questioned the seller, he or she immediately refunded me. Kinda suspicious. No worries. I already have the Emerald /27.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Here's another classic from '99 Topps Gold Label. I'm floored that I even found one of the various 1/1's from this release.
1999-topps-gold-label-class-3-red-one-to-one-87.jpg

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I was the buyer and the seller sent me the base version. When I questioned the seller, he or she immediately refunded me. Kinda suspicious. No worries. I already have the Emerald /27.

I'm sorry, that stinks! I was the runner up on the last Thomas auction and completely missed a Galarraga a few months back. These just don't pop up. Meanwhile Burbank just sits there teasing on the Maddux/Bonds.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Haven't purchased a good Maddux card in a while but couldn't pass on this one. Not sure I've ever seen one.

Greg-Maddux.jpg

Excellent! Those are mythic rare. I've never seen a Thomas, yet at least two of my buddies have it. For a card #'d to 50, go figure.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Excellent! Those are mythic rare. I've never seen a Thomas, yet at least two of my buddies have it. For a card #'d to 50, go figure.

Definitely one of the "rarest" #d /50 out there.

1. Nobody opened this crap.
2. There were massive amounts produced. Massive amounts thrown out.
3. When one of these is pulled, it's difficult to even know, unless you look closely. I bet theres a ton of these out there that people think are commons

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC

3. When one of these is pulled, it's difficult to even know, unless you look closely. I bet theres a ton of these out there that people think are commons

Heyyyy, I busted a box! And I got a Tony Gwynn auto'd ball redemption. One of my coolest pulls ever. :cool:

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Heyyyy, I busted a box! And I got a Tony Gwynn auto'd ball redemption. One of my coolest pulls ever. :cool:

They were fun when I was younger. I busted like 6 boxes a few weeks ago for nostalgia. Pulled a Jay Buhner ball redemption and a Robin Ventura #d /50. Then about 200 packs worth of gahbage!

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
On 99 Topps Gold Label, baseballcardpedia lists 900 total cards for the "one to one". How is that even possible if there are only 100 cards in the base set?

**EDIT** Maybe I answered my own question? There is a one to one for each of the base "sets"? Ie class I base, black, red and class II base, black red all have one to ones?

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011

I bought a case worth for practically nothing a few years ago and didn't pull one. These things were BURIED. Super Raves were numbered to 25 and in an equally overproduced product and are WAY easier to find than these.

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
On 99 Topps Gold Label, baseballcardpedia lists 900 total cards for the "one to one". How is that even possible if there are only 100 cards in the base set?

**EDIT** Maybe I answered my own question? There is a one to one for each of the base "sets"? Ie class I base, black, red and class II base, black red all have one to ones?

That is correct. There's a 1/1 for each of the three classes and each of the three colors per class, for a total of 9 possible 1/1's per card in the set. Exhausting isn't it? ;-)

Members online