Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What should your team give up to get David Price or Matt Kemp ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Again, it can be a 'nothing', but with these two being mentioned minutely, weather on MLB Network, Twitter or at your local coffee shop, I thought it'd be interesting to see what everyone's team on here should give up for one of these two players.

My Phillies shouldn't make a trade for either. I'd love it, but they don't have the organizational depth to pull it off. What about your team ? What should they part with ? Or what SHOULDN'T they part with ?

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
The Yankees would never be able to get Price (no high level A+ prospects, mostly all down in low A or around there) and the Rays wouldn't make that trade in a division unless they got a TON back and the Yankees don't have that.

I think the Yanks could make a play for Kemp if they wanted to (eat all the salary and send them a package around some combination of Austin, Heathcott, Williams, Banuelos, Gumbs, etc.) But I don't think they would even think about it because the majority of their prospects had down years so if they have good years this season it will dramatically increase their value and the Yankees already have a stable of OF's (Gardner, Ells, Beltran, Soriano, Ichiro, Wells)

I highly doubt either would be attainable at this point for them and I hope they stay away.

Cool thread!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst
Matt Kemp's agent, Dave Stewart, says #Dodgers informed him today "they have no plans to move him." More to come at http://ESPN.com

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
The Twins are too far from contention to be making a move like that, but I imagine that if we wanted Price we have the prospects to get him. I personally wouldn't move Sano or Buxton, but I wonder if something along the lines of Alex Meyer, Eddie Rosario, Jose Berrios, and Travis Harrison would get it done. I would be very hesitant to move Meyer though because I feel he has tremendous upside.

dbacksfan4life

Aug 21, 2013
Arizona
Well l know we wouldn't attempt to get Kemp. So for Price we have Bradley and a couple other good prospects but if we had to give up Bradley for Price l would not want that to happen.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
As a cubs fan, as much as I would like have Price anchoring the rotation, it makes no sense to make the move right now.

To go and trade a package of Soler, almora, pierce Johnson, etc would be silly and set the franchise back another 3 years.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I would love the Twins to go for him but I don't see them spending the kind of money it would take to keep him long term so its not worth it.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I would love the Twins to go for him but I don't see them spending the kind of money it would take to keep him long term so its not worth it.

That and they aren't in a 'nearly time to win' mode. They are still a couple years away, hopefully sooner, but they aren't going to win in the next two years and for what it'd take to get either Kemp or Price, it'd set them back several years organizationally.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
That and they aren't in a 'nearly time to win' mode. They are still a couple years away, hopefully sooner, but they aren't going to win in the next two years and for what it'd take to get either Kemp or Price, it'd set them back several years organizationally.

I agree 100%. I like what they have done in free agency this year in addressing the pitching staff. If some of the prospects can make some progress this season than they can consider going after a big name in 2014/2015.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Well l know we wouldn't attempt to get Kemp. So for Price we have Bradley and a couple other good prospects but if we had to give up Bradley for Price l would not want that to happen.

Just curious,

If Price was willing to sign an extension in AZ, why wouldnt you want to deal Bradley for him?

Bradley has zero major league experience while Price is a proven lefty ace.

I understand peoples love of prospects, but this is a no brainer, IMO.

Now, if their demands are way too high, that's one thing, but I'm not sold on the idea that Bradley is the savior everyone thinks he is and considering there's a higher chance he'll flame out rather than succeed, I think chosing Price becomes alot easier.

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
As a cubs fan, as much as I would like have Price anchoring the rotation, it makes no sense to make the move right now.

To go and trade a package of Soler, almora, pierce Johnson, etc would be silly and set the franchise back another 3 years.

I concur. That said, a package of Vogelbach (best suited to DH anyway), Alcantara (I think that is the 2B prospect), Brett Jackson, and Matt Schzur (sp?) I think would be great for the Cubs. Maybe throw in another prospect not named Bryant, Soler, Almora, Baez or Pierce Johnson.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Right now, no. But around the trade deadline of his contract year if it looks like he will test the free agent waters, it might be enough, if he is willing to sign an extension to go to the new team.

Unless Tampa was desperate to unload him for at least something instead of just letting him walk, there is no way that deal is enough.

Jackson has flopped the past couple of seasons and hasn't shown much promise in the bigs, Vogelbach has power potential but that's about it, and the other two probably wouldnt crack the mlb roster.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Unless Tampa was desperate to unload him for at least something instead of just letting him walk, there is no way that deal is enough.

Jackson has flopped the past couple of seasons and hasn't shown much promise in the bigs, Vogelbach has power potential but that's about it, and the other two probably wouldnt crack the mlb roster.

exactly. You have to include Almora, Soler, Baez, or one player of that caliber. There needs to be a stud centerpiece (ie Myers for Shields) and since Shields is better than Price then are expecting a better haul.

Members online