Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 UD Tiger Woods Master Collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
We've done breaks like this before via Andrew. We did boxes of Leaf Oval Office, which were like $1,500 a box and we had slots for like $50 or something idk. It was fun. I clearly never won but I paid for spots in each break. This would be similar but could be multiple winners. One for the set, one for the box top, etc. etc. etc.

80 base cards
3 autos
1 slambalaya
1 boxtopper

85 slots (some of the base bring +$10)

Each slot would be close to $40 for a shot at a bad bad card.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
80 base cards
3 autos
1 slambalaya
1 boxtopper

85 slots (some of the base bring +$10)

Each slot would be close to $40 for a shot at a bad bad card.

Or you do it like a lottery, not everyone will win but if you do, it's a great day. For example, have 6 winners - 1 for the set, each auto, slambalaya and boxtopper. Could do draft too. I bet it would fill EASY! You could still do 85 spots for $10 or do 40 spots for nearly $50. Either way, people would roll the dice. Sh!t, people paid like $50 for that Leaf Oval Office and only one person would be the winner and everyone else when home with nothing (or actually a 1/1 drawing from Andrews kid or something lol)

Just an idea. I bet it would be easy to fill.

peterose4hof

Mar 23, 2011
Too much trouble and cost to ship all the base cards to different winners. I like the idea of having 6 winners. [MENTION=1816]All In Cards[/MENTION] Is this something you'd be interested in?

Last edited:

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
No the slots if you made a base card a hit would be $40ish.

If you just did the autos and the set as a whole it would be $600 per slot. Doubt that would fill.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
No the slots if you made a base card a hit would be $40ish.

If you just did the autos and the set as a whole it would be $600 per slot. Doubt that would fill.

Have however many spots as you want but the point is it wouldn't be set up so everyone gets a card. Having 6 winners would be it. So if you want, have 100 spots for $15 or have 50 spots for $30 or whatever. Either way, there will be 6 winners picked. Essentially it would be gambling and when we did this for Leaf Oval Office, it filled fast and was a huge hit because people gambled on hitting the HUGE cut auto or getting nothing.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
I'd be up for running it at the FCB shop. 85 slots, $50 per slot. Everybody AT LEAST gets a base card. Slots go through the box in the order they are pulled, so #1 (after three randoms on .org) would get the mem piece and then whatever order they came up in the box from left to right would be how they are distributed.

Who would be in for that? Final price for a slot would be determined on what we get the box for, I am basing my price off the $3800 price tag on ebay, but we could probably do better than that. Who's in?

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I'd be up for running it at the FCB shop. 85 slots, $50 per slot. Everybody AT LEAST gets a base card. Slots go through the box in the order they are pulled, so [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] (after three randoms on .org) would get the mem piece and then whatever order they came up in the box from left to right would be how they are distributed.

Who would be in for that? Final price for a slot would be determined on what we get the box for, I am basing my price off the $3800 price tag on ebay, but we could probably do better than that. Who's in?

I'd be in.

However I would make #1 card #1 in the base set....easier for you to match card number with slot winner.
#81-85 would be the big winners???

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'd be in.

However I would make #1 card #1 in the base set....easier for you to match card number with slot winner.
#81-85 would be the big winners???

Too many winners, too much shipping, etc. Plus your math is slightly off for 85 spots. For $50, I'd rather get a HUGE hit or nothing. Getting one base card is stupid IMO but then again, I'm not running it. I'm out if this is the set-up. I'd rather roll the dice.

peterose4hof

Mar 23, 2011
Too many winners, too much shipping, etc. Plus your math is slightly off for 85 spots. For $50, I'd rather get a HUGE hit or nothing. Getting one base card is stupid IMO but then again, I'm not running it. I'm out if this is the set-up. I'd rather roll the dice.

Same here. Just a few winners and everyone else gets skunked.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana

There is no correct math. I'm not the breaker and I dont have a price that I could buy the case for.

Not sure I understand the logic in not wanting a base.
They are each easy $10 and will be extremely rare to find as singles in the coming future. With the base as hits, its probably the single best ROI group break on the boards. You are guaranteed to hit something of value and you have a less than 1:85 chance at a $1000+ piece. What other product does that?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
There is no correct math. I'm not the breaker and I dont have a price that I could buy the case for.

They are each easy $10 and will be extremely rare to find as singles in the coming future. With the base as hits, its probably the single best ROI group break on the boards. You are guaranteed to hit something of value and you have a less than 1:85 chance at a $1000+ piece. What other product does that?

OK, fair enough. If Andrew wants to do the break, that'd be great. It's up to him I guess how he wants to do it. I personally like the idea of winning the entire base card set and not everyone getting a base card for playing... but to your point, it'd be close to breakeven for anyone playing because you could resell the base card for the price of the chance at the big hits. Again, I don't care. I'd probably play no matter what if the price was right.

peterose4hof

Mar 23, 2011
Keep in mind, if you piece out the base set one by one you would have to add about $3.00 per spot for shipping costs. If you only have a few winners, you wouldn't have to charge any shipping up front and could work that out with the few winners individually.

bmc398

May 25, 2009

No no no no no! Stop! Too much logic!

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Keep in mind, if you piece out the base set one by one you would have to add about $3.00 per spot for shipping costs. If you only have a few winners, you wouldn't have to charge any shipping up front and could work that out with the few winners individually.

The point is that everybody doesn't get skunked! You get a 1/17 shot in getting something nice. If not, you get something cool and still collectible and worth about 1/5th of your slot. The shipping would only be about $2.25 per item with most people in the break probably getting more than one slot.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
The point is that everybody doesn't get skunked! You get a 1/17 shot in getting something nice. If not, you get something cool and still collectible and worth about 1/5th of your slot. The shipping would only be about $2.25 per item with most people in the break probably getting more than one slot.

At the end of the day, it's up to whoever pony's up the money for the box and how he wants to structure it. I can at least talk from experience doing expensive product breaks where it's a TOTAL gamble and you either get the huge hit or you get nothing. Period the end. If you boil it down, it'll cost $3 to ship the card to you and I will bet you the vast majority of the people will want to sell it anyways, so after crappy eBay fees, PayPal fees, etc. you might as well just put it in the free-to-go-home thread lol. Again, I would rather not get a $10 card of Tiger Woods and put one more large winner (the entire set) in the pot. Just my opinion.

i guess it doesn't matter anymore since there aren't any more listed on ebay.

I'm sure Andrew could get his hands on one if we wanted. You could have 100 people, $20 a spot (if price was under $2k) and have 6 winners. Like with the Leaf Oval Office break, everyone else can get a 1/1 picture drawn by Andrews kids lol. (or nothing ;) )