Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Items that players refuse to sign?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Tim Lincecum will not sign bats. I have a team signed 2010 World Series Champions bat that I was going to get signed by him, but was told by Lefty's (where they were doing a private signing with Lincecum) that he would not sign bats. :(

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Tim Lincecum will not sign bats. I have a team signed 2010 World Series Champions bat that I was going to get signed by him, but was told by Lefty's (where they were doing a private signing with Lincecum) that he would not sign bats. :(

At least you found that out before you bought it.I have heard Brett won't sign '85 Royals stuff, can't verify that though.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I'm surprised it hasn't already been mentioned, but Skip Schumaker doesn't sign the Rally Squirrel card. I saw him turn down a couple at spring training last year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Did not know that.I remember 2 years ago reading an interview about that.Didn't seem to like it for whatever reason.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Marshall originally signed for a guy names Bill Corcoran. Lately Chris Potter has had at least two signings with him now and the price was $185 the first time and I believe it's down to $150 this time. It's this type of thing that bugs me about some of these guys. Marshall has the right to refuse to sign and he doesn't even need a reason, but he claims that he just doesn't understand or care for the whole autograph scene and would rather interact with someone (he'll freely answer questions for you through his website). Yet, it is now apparent that he will sign at his discretion, but only for a hefty price.

The value in his signature is solely in the scarcity factor. Yes, he was an all-star and various set builders, team collectors or other theme collectors would add him to various sets, but the more he signs, the less his signature is worth. If he does allow the supply to catch up with demand, then they will sell for a reasonable price. A along as he keeps the price high, the demand will be high only to those willing to spend that kind of money for an OK player.

Dr. Mike Marshall won't sign, like, anything. Or does he offer sigs through his pitching school? Vague recollection of that. Maybe non-signers is a separate thread. I'm not a big autograph chaser at all, but I really wish I had scored one of his Sweet Spots in the last decade. Wow, there aren't any on ebay active OR completed. That's tuff stuff, to coin a phrase.

Is it Robin Ventura or Nolan Ryan, or both, who won't sign that picture?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
wow, I was told he wouldn't.

That game happened 15-16 years ago, so it's quite possible he signed it before he signed whatever exclusive.That would be one badass piece to add to the collection though.That dealer had some amazing signed matted photos.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
That game happened 15-16 years ago, so it's quite possible he signed it before he signed whatever exclusive.That would be one badass piece to add to the collection though.That dealer had some amazing signed matted photos.

yes all those sigs from a perfect game.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Robin Ventura will no longer sign the Nolan Ryan fight photo. Contract stuff I think.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts