Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fleer Ultra is Back!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I've waited for this day to come for a long time. I LOVE the simple, classy designs of Fleer Ultra. Too bad they can't use logos though :/ Either way though, still looks mega sweet. Can't wait!

correa.jpg

Based upon the ad, it looks like there is gonna be some major cool stuff in it as well.

ultraad.jpg

Coming February 30th! :D

UPDATE: It is a Christmas miracle, guys! It looks like the licensing went through! But just for Feb. 30th :)

correa2.jpg

Last edited:

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Feb 30...Gonna be a long wait! Your stuff always looks so good. Somebody really should contract with you.

rexvos

Aug 24, 2008
Does Upper Deck still own the rights to the Fleer name, or is this a Panini product?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Cool looking card, Mouschi.

But Fleer Ultra has always had the full bleed, no border design, so it doesn't remind me of a classic Ultra card from the '90s, even with the double image in the borders (which is a nice effect).

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
For those that don't know, this is one of [MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION]'s goofy photoshop ideas and not a real product.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I read right through February 30th without a 2nd thought, but was ready to comment that I would need a link to something that wasn't written by you before I believed it, no matter the subject matter.

Nice looking cards though!

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I don't think I'd classify any of Tanner's ideas as goofy. I wish the art departments at Topps had even 10% of his talent.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
The lack of logos is bad enough, but MLB will not even let card companies use real names of positions in baseball... They have to use Short Stop instead of Shortstop, Picher instead of Pitcher, and Outer Field instead of Outfield.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
So, really for Baseball we only have one (Topps) to choose from their array of products for anything that is licensed. **sigh**

For me, I just can't have any cards in my Griffey collection that doesn't have the team logos.

I think Panini has cheapened the Donruss legacy from the mid to late 90's. I don't even consider them a real card manufacturer and essentially garbage.

However, I also think that card manufacturers sealed their own fate by having too many products and spreading themselves much too thin. No one could keep up with the vast array of products out there during the boom times. If they would have stuck to a base set, a mid-range and a high-end set (three total, maybe four) then that would've been much better. Instead of having seven to ten branch off sets and then four to six different sets of those off shoots.

I'd like to see Panini disappear and have Donruss and Fleer make a comeback with all licenses. But, stay small and focus on quality instead of quantity.

Perhaps have the tough to pull inserts like we had in the 90's, instead of the cheap artificial low numbered junk that is put out today.

Topps could lose 3/4 of their products and still have plenty of different brands to offer.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
UPDATE: It is a Christmas miracle, guys! It looks like the licensing went through! But just for Feb. 30th :)

correa2.jpg

Last edited:

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
The first pack of baseball cards that I ever opened was 1998 Fleer Ultra. In that pack I pulled a "Diamond Immortals" insert of Cal Ripken Jr. I still have it to this day. On a less serious note, I hate you Mouschi. Lol xD You had me going as well and I might of had a mini ****** for a second and a half o_O

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I questioned the quality of these cards when I saw the weirdly sloping "2016" under the Ultra logo. Glad these are only being released on February 30 / Smarch 1.

Lousy Smarch releases...

Members online