Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Running Hank Greenberg pickup thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Not even signed by Gehrig, you got ripped off! ;)

Sweet card....I didn't realize Greenberg was that tall! What card is that by the way?

Thanks Scotty, I've been trying to figure it out as well. It's from 1979 TCMA, and is a checklist of cards 1-49. Hank was very tall for his time, listed at 6'4" he faced a lot of teasing about his build in high school.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Incredibly rare 1964 Topps Rookie All Star Banquet card featuring Hank. This card is part of a 35 card set that was used as the program for that night's event, which was only distributed to those who attended, so you can imagine really how scarce these are.

This may be the second or third I've ever seen, and one of only 6 graded by PSA, none graded by SGC (yet ;))

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Just got this in the mail. My first card from 2016 National Treasures. Some of the prices for his stuff have been nutty, but glad to land this one!

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Awesome as always man! And I feel you on NT-it's been wild this year, more so than previous years for some reason!

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
My theory is that it's not being broken as much as previous years. Panini put out a weaker checklist this year, so less group breaks. Then, when people hit a card, they are almost forced to list at a high price to recoup the cost of their spot in the break. It's an endless cycle, really.

Thanks for the kind words about the card!

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
My theory is that it's not being broken as much as previous years. Panini put out a weaker checklist this year, so less group breaks. Then, when people hit a card, they are almost forced to list at a high price to recoup the cost of their spot in the break. It's an endless cycle, really.

Thanks for the kind words about the card!

Yeah I would say that's probably accurate-along with coming out the same time as Pantheon and Prime Cuts-why they put out 3 similar products around the same time is beyond me. And as you said the checklist was weaker-Doerr only had 3 cards, with 2 1/1s-I skipped the Group breaks because of it, especially after I saw the Bat Barrel appear before New Years. Along that note, barely saw any group breaks for Pantheon and Prime Cuts, much less than NT, and Doerr has a strong checklist in those products. Very weird this year.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
A few days ago I landed an incredibly rare card from 2004 Fleer EX. This card with Hack Wilson and Hank is /22. Within this same set there is a Babe Ruth/Jimmie Foxx/Hank Greenberg triple bat /13. I've only seen maybe 2 of those, one within the past 2-3 years.

Thanks for the view guys.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Nice update

I have two rather nice pieces coming in soon that I'm excited to share!

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Can't beat those 2 players on the same card! Good stuff man, really liking those National Treasures too...

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
Here you go...i figured our resident Greenberg collector may know something about this item:
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1490026580.719551.jpg

Members online