Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

We have our first winner - TTT Community Tournament - Congratulations Zan!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
The Fernando pose is iconic, no doubt. But my vote goes to the book for its historic meaning.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
I vote for the 2007 6 Player Relic.

Topps creating a card/booklet to honor and commemorate a MLB decision that profoundly impacted the game forever is unique and thoughtful; then, incorporating the minor but significant details (i.e., including 6 players who made the move, producing the card on the 50th anniversary of the move, alternating the relic color/type to create contrast) put this card way over the top, in comparison to the Valenzuela card. The Valenzuela is a great looking card with his iconic pose and the patch looks great, but I don't think it holds up to the historical significance of the 6 Player Relic.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I vote for the Valenzuela. Although the history of the Giants and Dodgers is very significant to the sport, I'm simply not a fan of booklet cards or the odd sayings on TT for their cutouts. There are some impressive pieces of the game in the booklet, but I can vividly remember Fernando tearing up the league back in the early 80's. His card is simple and classy with the iconic shot of his eyes. I really like the fact the patch has some uniqueness to it as well.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Congratulations to [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION] on taking the bracket.

Bracket three coming right up.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Here we go with bracket 3:
attachment.php

[MENTION=1737]carlitoson[/MENTION] presents an auto and triple relic from a current world champion
attachment.php

[MENTION=12896]sierra79[/MENTION] is going with a 1/1 of a Hall of Famer
attachment.php

More great cards for your voting.

Guys - let us know why you selected these for the contest.

******Finally, we are still looking for submissions for the following contests:
- Card numbered between 90 - 115 (to cover the /99, /100, etc.)
- Multi player relic card
- Custom card
- Best card AIC pulled for you

Voting is open until Sunday April 10 at 10PM ET.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Topps Triple Threads.jpg
    Topps Triple Threads.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 17
  • carlitoson.JPG
    carlitoson.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 75
  • sierra79.JPG
    sierra79.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Topps Triple Threads.jpg
    Topps Triple Threads.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 69

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
Sorry, for not having a scan (I know it doesn't present as well). I heavily collect Maddux from his playing years and this is the only triple threads 1/1 that I have for him.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Ill go with the Hosmer, the colors look nice. Hate the cutouts but still has eye appeal. The Maddux, though rare, it being a Padres card hurts.

Ryan

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
I only collect first-year cards. Most of the logo’d rookie cards in Triple Threads year in and year out are not actually FY cards, therefore I only have a handful of TTT cards in my PC to begin with.
I chose the emerald Hosmer card because:
- It’s a true first-year rookie card (2011) of a very good current player. He’s a defending world champ and 3-time gold-glover and should be entering the prime of his career. In addition, the serial number (35) is his actual MLB jersey number.

All that said; my vote goes to Maddux!

BTW...I too think that these rounds would get more votes if a simple poll was set up for each.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I only collect first-year cards. Most of the logo’d rookie cards in Triple Threads year in and year out are not actually FY cards, therefore I only have a handful of TTT cards in my PC to begin with.
I chose the emerald Hosmer card because:
- It’s a true first-year rookie card (2011) of a very good current player. He’s a defending world champ and 3-time gold-glover and should be entering the prime of his career. In addition, the serial number (35) is his actual MLB jersey number.

All that said; my vote goes to Maddux!

BTW...I too think that these rounds would get more votes if a simple poll was set up for each.

Interesting...voting for the other card.

Regarding the poll, I will look into it (as I too agree that a poll would be better).

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
My vote is for the Hosmer. I love the color on it. I know we randomized the picks of who runs against who but that Maddux would have been a good battle with the Ethier.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
I like the Hosmer as well in this matchup. I'm all for 1/1 base cards but I can't turn down the eye appeal of the Hosmer. Although I don't like him -____-

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I like the Hosmer vs the Maddux just on eye appeal alone. Cant take nothing away from a 1 of 1 but if Maddux was in a Braves uniform, I'd say it would have a better shot at winning.

Hosmer +1

Fordman

Members online