Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has it actually been confirmed that 06 UD SFX Blues are /25?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Was looking for the Coste RC for a few years and finally found one this year. Just odd that they aren't numbered like the other colors. Certainly harder to find.

That might have been me that sold it to you as I sold one earlier this year.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I own a Greg Maddux blue /25 that I purchased on COMC. I'm just holding it there until I find someone to buy it or I decide to ship some cards. I figure a player collector will need it at some point.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I own a Greg Maddux blue /25 that I purchased on COMC. I'm just holding it there until I find someone to buy it or I decide to ship some cards. I figure a player collector will need it at some point.

Gee, that's a coincidence, I had a blue Maddux that someone picked up from me a few weeks ago!

Thanks ;)

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
6 years later, this card is still killing me. Haven't been able to find either a Jonny Gomes or a Matt Diaz one. Like @VizquelCollector.com said, they're probably in the commons box at some local show.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Yeah, they do have a bunch. Cheap, too. http://www.justcommons.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=3474

Right before your post I actually just ordered the two base Gomes, and the one base Diaz, in the slim hope that one of them may actually be the blue. I previously cleaned out the Beckett Marketplace on the same theory, but no such luck.

Ha, you never know, those things are easy to miss.That would be funny if they screwed up and sent you the blue cards of Gomes.When I wasn't familiar with these, I thought I bought a base card when had indeed, bought the blue version.Since UD didn't number them you could find a great deal on them somewhere.I bought my Isringhausen on there for only $1.50.Surprised some Cabrera collector didn't snag that checklist card for $3.Was hoping they would have some new cards up there from last time, but no such luck.

What is the link to this Beckett marketplace?I haven't been on Beckett in ages.Easy to navigate?Fair place to buy?

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Ha, you never know, those things are easy to miss.That would be funny if they screwed up and sent you the blue cards of Gomes.When I wasn't familiar with these, I thought I bought a base card when had indeed, bought the blue version.Since UD didn't number them you could find a great deal on them somewhere.I bought my Isringhausen on there for only $1.50.Surprised some Cabrera collector didn't snag that checklist card for $3.Was hoping they would have some new cards up there from last time, but no such luck.

What is the link to this Beckett marketplace?I haven't been on Beckett in ages.Easy to navigate?Fair place to buy?

http://marketplace.beckett.com/

It has a lot of cards listed, including a lot of harder to find and rare ones. The downside is that the prices tend to be higher (from moderately to absurdly overpriced), s&h is usually overpriced, very few cards are scanned, and I don't know of any recourse that a buyer has if there's a problem with the transaction. I'm glad it's there, and I've definitely sucked it up and bought a number of overpriced cards there that I couldn't find elsewhere, but I've probably had more problems (as a percentage of total transactions) there than I have had anywhere else. A lot of those problems were because the card wasn't scanned, and turned out to be something else.

I also have an overall impression of far more sellers on the Marketplace being jerks or completely uncommunicative than on eBay or elsewhere.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
http://marketplace.beckett.com/

It has a lot of cards listed, including a lot of harder to find and rare ones. The downside is that the prices tend to be higher (from moderately to absurdly overpriced), s&h is usually overpriced, very few cards are scanned, and I don't know of any recourse that a buyer has if there's a problem with the transaction. I'm glad it's there, and I've definitely sucked it up and bought a number of overpriced cards there that I couldn't find elsewhere, but I've probably had more problems (as a percentage of total transactions) there than I have had anywhere else. A lot of those problems were because the card wasn't scanned, and turned out to be something else.

I also have an overall impression of far more sellers on the Marketplace being jerks or completely uncommunicative than on eBay or elsewhere.

That is good to know then.I generally don't like buying without scans.Can you not make offers on cards there?The only issue with Just Commons is I bought 30 something cards, and only 2 of them were in top loaders with the rest of the cards in sleeves only packed right between them.Luckily, none were damaged.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
That is good to know then.I generally don't like buying without scans.Can you not make offers on cards there?The only issue with Just Commons is I bought 30 something cards, and only 2 of them were in top loaders with the rest of the cards in sleeves only packed right between them.Luckily, none were damaged.

No, you can't make offers. You can email sellers directly (their emails are listed), but I've rarely seen that elicit a response.

Judging from the order I just put in with Just Commons (9 cards for $2.55, plus $2 shipping), I wouldn't begrudge economical shipping. With a pretty small profit margin to begin with, I can see toploading every card getting expensive. My order comes out to 28 cents a card, for instance, and a toploader costs something like 16 cents each (http://www.amazon.com/25-Baseball-Basketball-Sportcards-Collecting/dp/B000Q5ZMM0).

From F/X to shipping practices... back on topic:

06-201.jpg
06-202.jpg
06-203.jpg
06-204.jpg
06-205.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
No, you can't make offers. You can email sellers directly (their emails are listed), but I've rarely seen that elicit a response.

Judging from the order I just put in with Just Commons (9 cards for $2.55, plus $2 shipping), I wouldn't begrudge economical shipping. With a pretty small profit margin to begin with, I can see toploading every card getting expensive. My order comes out to 28 cents a card, for instance, and a toploader costs something like 16 cents each (http://www.amazon.com/25-Baseball-Basketball-Sportcards-Collecting/dp/B000Q5ZMM0).

From F/X to shipping practices... back on topic:

06-201.jpg
06-202.jpg
06-203.jpg
06-204.jpg
06-205.jpg

I suppose, although a small plastic case would hold 25 cards and only costs 25 or 50 cents.I'll search Beckett, but not optomistic getting anything from what you've told me.Still, a great deal picking up the blue cards for only a couple dollars.What other places can these be found?

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Right before your post I actually just ordered the two base Gomes, and the one base Diaz, in the slim hope that one of them may actually be the blue. I previously cleaned out the Beckett Marketplace on the same theory, but no such luck.

And receipt of those two cards brings me up to 10 base and 0 blue. Swing and a miss.

Only lost out on one card while I was having problems registering (Burnitz), so I'm not too bummed out. Was able to place an order via guest checkout, picked up David Ortiz, Craig Biggio, Rocco Baldelli, Trot Nixon, Mike Lowell, and Troy Glaus. Once these come in, I'll have these six and a Todd Helton Blue in my PC, as well as Miguel Tejada, Todd Walker, and Mike Cameron available ft/fs.

Any chance you have one left???

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Bummer.At least you went down swinging.What else did they send you?They used to give free shipping over $10.

A Matt Diaz F/X base (same theory---strike 3!), and 6 base Gomes cards that I wanted. Totally worth the purchase, just still looking for that F/X Blue!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Any chance you have one left???

No luck; the seller ended up emailing me after I placed the order and explaining that the Biggio and Ortiz were Greens, not Blues. That happened so long ago I forgot about not getting the Ortiz and Biggio Blues. Still on the lookout, but not holding my breath.

Members online