Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Toughest Odds To Pull

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Base Topps sets almost always have long odds to pull specific 1/1 chase cards...ringing in at 1:600k+.

Perhaps there is an ulterior motive with this thread OP?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Oh jesus here we go about this stupid backdoored card again. Pimping ain't easy and odds are irrlevant on a backdoored card that there are at least several of, and to boot it was not signed due to being backdoored.

You can always tell when this $15 card is listed somewhere cause suddenly a story will always surface telling us how rare it is. Usually by the same parties.

Last edited:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
2007 Topps Series 1 - ARod Road to 500 Continuity Autograph 1:1,111,000 (Those cards WITH A-Rod autographs go unsold in the $250 range.)

To the OP...you're proud of your card and you really believe you have something rare and valuable. And that's great. However, what you have is something rare, but sadly, not overly valuable. As for your listed odds on that Alex Rodriguez card...we already know of more than one on the market and those odds listed were for a 1/1. It's not a 1/1. What does that mean? It's not nearly as rare as 1:600K+ odds.

Sorry.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This thread is HOS ready. I don't know the OP from a hole in the head but I have seen my fair share of discussion and threads about "the card" being talked about. I don't get it. As [MENTION=2209]200lbhockeyplayer[/MENTION] said, he clearly thinks he has something of great value but it's not but that's OK. IMO perception is reality and that's OK but pimping it on a board like this is only going to go bad IMO.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I know this Gary Carter blackless error card was not intentional so no odds, but I'd love to know, especially since its from the C Sheet.

Attachments

• 1397491260833.jpg
    1397491260833.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 53

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Jeeze, guys.

To be fair Adam, a lot of the responses have been reasonable enough...considering what could have been left.

Every time the OP brings up this card...it's bound to have a strong reaction as it's been going on for quite some time all over the interwebs. If there was at least some acknowledgement that he was perhaps strongly overvaluing the card in question and really wanted an honest discussion about long pack odds...then have at it. But he doesn't. He solely wants to try another method of the discussing this silly ARod card.

You can only describe a circle so many ways. Once those ways are exhausted and the listener still tries to say it's a square...it's tiresome and people are bound to react negatively.

A_Pharis

To be fair Adam, a lot of the responses have been reasonable enough...considering what could have been left.

Every time the OP brings up this card...it's bound to have a strong reaction as it's been going on for quite some time all over the interwebs. If there was at least some acknowledgement that he was perhaps strongly overvaluing the card in question and really wanted an honest discussion about long pack odds...then have at it. But he doesn't. He solely wants to try another method of the discussing this silly ARod card.

You can only describe a circle so many ways. Once those ways are exhausted and the listener still tries to say it's a square...it's tiresome and people are bound to react negatively.

Trust me. I know.
He brings up that card in any way he can. It always ends the same way, and it's usually because of his attitude about being told it's not what he thinks it is.
I figured I'd just give him a fair shake this time instead of being the bad cop, but I knew that was out of the door when he replied to me the way he did.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Jeeze, guys.

In all fairness, I see nothing wrong with him pimping his Arod card. He even trolled that Next Level guy, which is highly amusing.

But he wiped off Taveras autos then got them signed IP and tried to pass them off as authentic, pack-pulled autos. That my friends is no different than a trimmer

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
In all fairness, I see nothing wrong with him pimping his Arod card. He even trolled that Next Level guy, which is highly amusing.

But he wiped off Taveras autos then got them signed IP and tried to pass them off as authentic, pack-pulled autos. That my friends is no different than a trimmer

I don't know what he did, but I think that if someone could cleanly peel off a sticker auto and get it signed in person, that would be a much better looking card. Just don't try and scam people.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008

To quote your sig: "yep"

Members online