Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Washington State Collectors: Auburn Super Mall Show March 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Hmmmm... Museum of Flight is only 25 minutes away? If I get out of here early... I'll be the on with shorts and pink fingernails (seriously)

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I made it out and think I saw a lot of FCBers talking but I was in the middle of a bargain bin so I missed out. I was wearing an A's cap and GI Joe Cobra shirt. Oh also pants. I did meet Ghumbs, who has an admirable beard.

Highlights of what I bought:
90's bargain bin boxes to bust for fun: '93 Leaf series 1 & 2, '94 Select series 1 & 2 - $25 total
3 packs of 2001 Topps Chrome series 2 - $10 (got squat)
4 packs of 2012 Elite Extra - $20 (best was an Adrian Marin auto)
3 2009 Topps veteran SP variations for 50 cents each
1989 Topps Jose Canseco Blank Front - $2
2005 Reflections Blue/75 Barry Zito - 50 cents (nice because I have the 1/1 but few others and want the rainbow)
2005 Elite Career Best Red Bat/250 Rickey Henderson - $2.50
2011 Topps Update All Star Jerseys Sparkle/60 Gio Gonzalez - $5
2007 UD Black Illustrious dual auto/25 Nick Swisher/Travis Buck - $10 (bleh on the price but I wanted at least something decent from the show)
A couple of different Daric Barton autos /93 & /95 out of '08 UD Timelines - $5
2012 Topps Opening Day auto Brett Anderson - $2.50 (probably my best purchse as I've been outbid at $4.50 shipped for this card multiple times)

All in all it's always fun to go to a show. I'll be back at the next one.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I guess I figured it be a bunch of FCB guys sitting around a table with a neon sign but that didn't happen. I came in the train entrance and turn right and I walked around looking for the card show for more time that I spent at the actual card show. The only thing that I saw that were decent for me anyways was at the very end the guy sitting all by himself by the entrance. He had the Cal Ripken Junior standup guys samples to catch my eye, he actually had a lot of a lot of good stuff but nothing for me today though.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I got a bunch of cards down there but didn't see any dudes with pink nail polish. Are you sure you're not a teenage girl? :p

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I know I saw and talked to a few of you. Couldn't really do lunch since the foodcourt was demolished, haha.

Picked up:
1998 Bowman Hobby Box for $12
1999 Fleer Tradition Hobby Box for $10
2007 Tommy Hanson Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor /50
2011 Carlos Santana Topps Chrome Heritage Black Refractor /62
2012 Edgar Martinez Limited Auto /250
2012 Franklin/Saunders/Smoak Triple Auto from SP Signature
Jake Hager Pro Debut Printing Plate 1/1 Signed IP for $3
Noah Syndergaard Bowman Chrome Refractor Auto /500 for $15
Noah Syndergaard Elite Auto /100 for $15

and some football and basketball items that I don't feel like typing out right now

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Well that would make sense, as rare as women are at a card show, men wearing pink nail polish are even more rare.

I better end the controversy before it starts... My school reached a fundraising goal, so the male teachers got our nails painted... A "men"-icure, if you will. I am a dude, I have pink/purplish nails that look like they were painted by a 4th grader (they were). I was at the show, but fairly late...
I really wanted to see some FCB people, but it didn't work out. You guys got some good cards, though!!

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
That David Anthony guy is going to come back on the board to write 50 posts about how you are a man pretending to be a woman pretending to be a man. And he has PROOF.

[MENTION=3065]CollectorsCorner[/MENTION], I probably should have picked up those boxes you got from the same seller instead of what I got, at least you have some kind of a chance of getting something good like an auto or a Fleer Starting 9. I miscalculated and forgot 1994 Select doesn't have Artist Proofs, that's 1995. And it's really an ugly set. Oh well at least 1993 Leaf is nice looking for set-building purposes, hope the cards aren't all stuck together and wrecked. How much did that Heritage Black Refractor set you back? They always sell for so much on ebay.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
It was nice to meet a few of you guys today.

My ass still hurts from that Limited break but oh well, it was about time i got reminded of why I don't want to bust wax anymore. :)

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
That David Anthony guy is going to come back on the board to write 50 posts about how you are a man pretending to be a woman pretending to be a man. And he has PROOF.

@CollectorsCorner, I probably should have picked up those boxes you got from the same seller instead of what I got, at least you have some kind of a chance of getting something good like an auto or a Fleer Starting 9. I miscalculated and forgot 1994 Select doesn't have Artist Proofs, that's 1995. And it's really an ugly set. Oh well at least 1993 Leaf is nice looking for set-building purposes, hope the cards aren't all stuck together and wrecked. How much did that Heritage Black Refractor set you back? They always sell for so much on ebay.

The 2 boxes, Edgar, Hanson, triple auto, Santana, and 4 cards from the dollar box set me back $80

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Late to posting, was a pretty busy weekend LOL. It was a blast seeing most of you guys! I do think this was the lamest Auburn show I have been too card wise though plus my favorite table guy Steve wasn't there which I have picked something up at his table every show I have seen him at. The Evel Knievel card that Will pulled was from one of two cases that he busted at my LCS. He was itching to bust another box at this show but I didn't hang around long enough to see if he did or not. I ended up making a trade with Kevin who was generous enough to trade me two PC cards! He got a SWEET Brandon League laundry tag 1/1 booklet patch for these two.

2005 Topps Chrome Felix Hernandez rookie year printing plate 1/1...my first plate of Felix!!!
today10a.jpg
today10b.jpg

2008 Donruss Threads Casey Stengel wool patch 5/10:
today9a.jpg
today9b.jpg

I also made a sale with a couple prospect high end cards and put those funds to a box of National Treasures. The seller had a fresh case to choose from so I got the first box out of there. Didn't do very well, but the Jeter re-coup it a bit:

Evan Longoria booklet GU jersey /99 and Trevor Rosenthal rookie auto jersey redemption:
today6.jpg
today8.jpg

Chris Archer auto /99, David Phelps auto /99 and Rickey Henderson GU jersey /99:
today7.jpg
today5.jpg

George Kelly bat /99 and Tris Speaker bat /99:
today4.jpg
today3.jpg

and the best card of the box...

Derek Jeter "Mr. November" prime patch jersey numbered 2/5:
today1-1.jpg
today2.jpg

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Will did open a box of Treasures among other things. I didn't see the hits but he wasn't thrilled about the box

Members online

Latest posts