Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
s-l800.jpg

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
Opened a box of 97 Finest Series 1. Beat the odds, just not the right players!
Gold Ref - Caminiti
Silver Ref - Ventura
ref - Erstad, Anderson
embossed - Ripken
gold - Vaughn

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Does anyone know whether the SI World Series Fever "First Edition" 1/1 have the same issues with multiple copies as the other SI "Extra Edition" 1/1 releases? From what I can gather it's primarily the "Extra Edition" copies?

The reason I ask, it seems this went for less than I would expect?

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Figured I'd add a few Canseco cards in this legendary thread since I picked up one of my white whales recently :)

1997 Pinnacle Inside Diamond Edition Die-Cut.
I saw my very first one of these as a Frank Thomas in a collection I picked up a few years back. I remembered thinking how cool it would be to get the Canseco. Well, here it is!
05246.jpg

1997 Score Reserve Collection
This one took a while to find. The scan does it no justice - card is gorgeous! Mega tough.
052374.jpg

1997 Essential Credentials
It looks like only 5 of these have popped up over the past 6 years. Very nice looking card.
IMG_0001_16.jpg

1999 Upper Deck Century Legends Collection Die Cut
LOVE IT!
053190.jpg

1998 Donruss Leaf Diamond Axis Die Cut
Absolutely wretched scan, but one of my favorites
JoseCansecoPC1998128.jpg

1999 Fleer Brilliants 24k
Definitely in my top 2 or 3 favorite 90's inserts that I own!
052015.jpg

1998 Donruss Crusade Red
And of course ... my latest prized possession!
07061612.jpg

Oh, and for extra credit, here are a few proof type of cards:

1997 Finest Gold Refractor No Die Cut No Serial #
052855.jpg

1997 Stadium Club
I love the progression of these - one appears to have been cut down and almost "made" until they realized some spots needed to be "photoshopped" out. The next pic shows the clean image as a blank back and then finally the base, then members only

Untitled-4.jpg

1997 Topps Gallery
Oversized blank back, oversized full back, regular and player's private proof. I love seeing the naked cards before such heavy embellishments have been applied.
Untitled-5.jpg

I have others like this too, but these are just some of my favorites :)

EDIT: Probably my favorite 90's "run" of rare stuff you won't find ...

1997 Topps Finest
Canseco had 2 cards in the set: Red Sox and A's. Shown below are the regulars, embossed, refractor, embossed refractor, embossed refractor that isn't actually embossed and the original photos used to make the cards (front and back). I love how one of them has a note from a Topps Employee "Frank hook me up", lol!

Thanks to [MENTION=2800]chippercards.com[/MENTION] for hooking the red sox not embossed version!

canseco.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts