Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

July Group Submission Thread (BGS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jackg1980

Jun 10, 2013
Texas
Any one of you can get the same bulk submission deal, that FCB gets. Maybe someone else should do it and free up CG?

I have a deal with BGS myself. I passed on bulk submission and went with certified submission center. Prices are lower and I don't have a minimum sub.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

Not at 5.50$ a card. THey raised the prices on everyone else.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Never really looked at the pricing, so didn't notice it was $5.50. What I pay is slightly higher, but I do something different than bulk.

and if you did what I do, your prices would be even higher

a lot of months I take a loss and waste hours and hours on this

I guess it's worth it to make the board more engaging.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

I meant my price from BGS is slightly higher. I know full well what you deal with on this sub. That's why I sent you the IM I did. It's a big, pain in the ass. Not just the dealing with getting cards to and from BGS, but the paperwork and everything.

That's all I meant Chris. It was in no way intended to be a shot at you or your pricing. If I were you, I'd probably charge a bit more, considering the volume you do. My largest sub has been 160, and I don't have any desire to do that again.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
and if you did what I do, your prices would be even higher a lot of months I take a loss and waste hours and hours on this I guess it's worth it to make the board more engaging.

And this is appreciated. As an eBay seller and former group sub conductor I know how much time is involved with the sorting and packaging process. Yes, the slabs do make the board more engaging, particularly the baseball side. The only real complaints are from folks not knowing when Beckett received the cards so time of poppage can be well approximated. Consider making this one extra post a month and there will be a lot more cool heads along with a lot less questions that come up every month around the same time.

Jackg1980

Jun 10, 2013
Texas
And this is appreciated. As an eBay seller and former group sub conductor I know how much time is involved with the sorting and packaging process. Yes, the slabs do make the board more engaging, particularly the baseball side. The only real complaints are from folks not knowing when Beckett received the cards so time of poppage can be well approximated. Consider making this one extra post a month and there will be a lot more cool heads along with a lot less questions that come up every month around the same time.

I agree, there is really not much to communicate. Some subbers would just post the tracking number on the forum.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
I meant my price from BGS is slightly higher. I know full well what you deal with on this sub. That's why I sent you the IM I did. It's a big, pain in the ass. Not just the dealing with getting cards to and from BGS, but the paperwork and everything.

That's all I meant Chris. It was in no way intended to be a shot at you or your pricing. If I were you, I'd probably charge a bit more, considering the volume you do. My largest sub has been 160, and I don't have any desire to do that again.

but you said I could sub 1 to 1,000,000 cards =[

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
We're now beyond the 20 day threshold. I just submitted my resume to BGS since Beckett advertised openings in a small blurb in the racing section of the new price guide. If BGS is so backlogged they will call me shortly. Dallas, TX>>Grand Forks, ND.

Jackg1980

Jun 10, 2013
Texas
We're now beyond the 20 day threshold. I just submitted my resume to BGS since Beckett advertised openings in a small blurb in the racing section of the new price guide. If BGS is so backlogged they will call me shortly. Dallas, TX>>Grand Forks, ND.

I think they need graders!

03supto

Jul 25, 2010

We get our partial refund correct? I fully expect the 20 day difference on next months submission....this is beyond ridiculous

jetsmets150

Jan 29, 2010
2 questions for everyone?
1. How does everyone prepare the surface of their cards before grading? My surface grades are always the lowest.
2. How do you crack a case? My Joc Pederson with an 8 auto will NOT be staying in a case lol

Members online

Latest posts