Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How do I find out whose jersey I bought?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
At the Padres garage sale last year I bought a few things, including a Portland Beavers game used jersey like this one. I found my size and intended to wear it at Spring Training later in the year. However, when I tried it on it was really, really long. I'm 5'11", but it still seemed way too long--almost down to my knees. So it has been in my closet all year.

Aaaaanyway, I am wondering how to find out whose jersey it was. It is #25. I have tried looking online a few times to no avail. Even the old box scores I found didn't have jersey numbers. Any advice?

Thanks,
Anthony

jtrinaldi

May 31, 2012
At the Padres garage sale last year I bought a few things, including a Portland Beavers game used jersey like this one. I found my size and intended to wear it at Spring Training later in the year. However, when I tried it on it was really, really long. I'm 5'11", but it still seemed way too long--almost down to my knees. So it has been in my closet all year.

Aaaaanyway, I am wondering how to find out whose jersey it was. It is #25. I have tried looking online a few times to no avail. Even the old box scores I found didn't have jersey numbers. Any advice?

Thanks,
Anthony
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/teams/stats.asp?Y=2010&T=10349

If you want to sell it, you should get a COA

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
Thanks for the advice, folks. I thought about contacting the team--but the Beavers played their last game in 2010 and moved to Tucson. I'm not even sure of the year. Thank you for the link to the baseball cube. I actually did find that site before, but I was unable to browse for some reason. The direct link is a treat. The link to the eBay auction describes his as 2008. I changed the year to 2008 and it shows #25 as Nick Hundley, which would be cool (a guy who actually made it to the majors). Still, I get what you guys are saying about the fact that multiple players could have worn it over the years. #25 listed on the baseball cube:

Nick Hundley, 2008
Craig Cooper, 2010

Maybe both wore it?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Thanks for the advice, folks. I thought about contacting the team--but the Beavers played their last game in 2010 and moved to Tucson. I'm not even sure of the year. Thank you for the link to the baseball cube. I actually did find that site before, but I was unable to browse for some reason. The direct link is a treat. The link to the eBay auction describes his as 2008. I changed the year to 2008 and it shows #25 as Nick Hundley, which would be cool (a guy who actually made it to the majors). Still, I get what you guys are saying about the fact that multiple players could have worn it over the years. #25 listed on the baseball cube:

Nick Hundley, 2008
Craig Cooper, 2010

Maybe both wore it?

Dunno if it matters, but they are exactly the same height, and roughly the same weight.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
They are in the same ballpark for height/weight. The jersey is size 50 or 52--I have to check it out later.

Nick Hundely: 6-1 / 210
Craig Cooper: 6-3 / 185

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC

Nick Hundley, 2008
Craig Cooper, 2010

Maybe both wore it?

According to a pic on wikipedia, that is a 2008 jersey, so most likely at least Hundley wore it. Very possible Cooper did too.

jtrinaldi

May 31, 2012

Nick Hundley, 2008
Craig Cooper, 2010

Maybe both wore it?
Seems like that makes sense. It all depends if the jerseys were sold in a 2 year or a 4 year span. Based off of this picture, not much can be concluded until we see more pictures of the jersey (numbering in particular)
Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
It appears that the blue jerseys had white numbering, the photo was taken in 2008. Then again, it appears that they worse the same jersey with white numbers in 2009 as seen here
Portland Beavers vs Colorado Springs Sky Sox | OregonLive.com

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I used to own a Batavia Muckdogs jersey I bought for Travis CHapman, but found later that Ryan Madsen had worn it.

Also owned a Batavia Muckdogs Utley jersey. That was a nice investment.

Members online

Latest posts