Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf Teases "HUGE" Name Exclusive Player, Only Found in Leaf Draft Football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
If BG can convince great college players to sign for free, he's a wizard or jedi.

I'll also add that I still don't think the NCAA would allow it.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using the FCB mobile app.

Last edited:

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
It's gotta be a Legend or current superstar in my opinion to be bigger than Sanders or Smith. The problem is who would be "bigger".

Possibilities:
Jerry Rice
Joe Montana
Bo Jackson
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Aaron Rogers
Brett Favre
Who else?!?!

Also maybe BG struck a deal with none other than...
Ryan LEAF

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
If BG can convince great college players to sign for free, he's a wizard or jedi.

I'll also add that I still don't think the NCAA would allow it.

The Team USA college players have cards every year in baseball. So clearly there is a way to do it

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
All the money goes to Team USA, and the players have no control over how it is spent.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Having Manziel in a card set would be much bigger than having another Barry Sanders or any other legend that have tons and tons of autos and cards already.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
College players sign autographs all of the time. Heck, most colleges host an event with their players signing autographs. If Johnny Manziel allowed them to use his likeness and signed some autographs without receiving compensation, I don't see why there would be a problem with the NCAA. While they prohibit athletes from profiting, do they really hold all rights to your likeness and signature? I think not.

Didn't Leaf produce a Bubba Starling card while he was in college?Can anyone correct or back me up on that? I know I recall some discussion about Leaf having a card with a college baseball hat being worn and not photoshopping it, and it was called "incidental use" that it was on there.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
College players sign autographs all of the time. Heck, most colleges host an event with their players signing autographs. If Johnny Manziel allowed them to use his likeness and signed some autographs without receiving compensation, I don't see why there would be a problem with the NCAA. While they prohibit athletes from profiting, do they really hold all rights to your likeness and signature? I think not.

Didn't Leaf produce a Bubba Starling card while he was in college?Can anyone correct or back me up on that? I know I recall some discussion about Leaf having a card with a college baseball hat being worn and not photoshopping it, and it was called "incidental use" that it was on there.

The Starling card was part of the army set which they had a contract for. I don't know of any athletes that will sign for a card company for free. Why would he allow someone to profit off him with no gain for himself. This is not like an event benefiting the school that he would sign at.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
The Starling card was part of the army set which they had a contract for. I don't know of any athletes that will sign for a card company for free. Why would he allow someone to profit off him with no gain for himself. This is not like an event benefiting the school that he would sign at.

As stated earlier by [MENTION=2424]Brad[/MENTION], Army players sign without compensation, so there are many athletes who sign for free. Though not directly for card companies, the kids of the Aunder Armour Bowl sign free autographs on Topps issued cards. Athletes allow numerous companies to profit off of them daily, all the way from the schools they play for (though they are compensated with free education) to the sponsors in their stadium and on their jersey, all the way up to Johnny Manziel strutting around with his Heisman in front of a backdrops plastered with brand logos.

Heck, for all we know Leaf could have inked a deal with the Heisman Committee that would allow use of their promo pictures, and was able to get Manziel to sign something from their event.

I know of Bubba's Army cards, but I was thinking there was an extra promo card or something during his collegiate career.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
By exclusive does BG mean an exclusive name or an exclusive autograph?

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Why do some of you guys keep guessing current/retired NFL stars that have autographs in multiple sets in just the past couple years? BG already said that the player isn't available in any other product. What part of that don't you understand?

Last edited:

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
So it might be Brett Favre? Is that what you mean? I no goods at the reading.

Why do some of you guys keep guessing current/retired NFL stars that have autographs in multiple sets in just the past couple years? BG already said that the player isn't available in any other product. What part of that don't you understand?

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Did BG ever say the card would be an autograph? The tweet just said card.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
auburn-bark.jpg

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Did BG ever say the card would be an autograph? The tweet just said card.

That's a good question. I automatically assumed autograph since Leaf Draft hobby is exclusively autographs. That's a good question you've raised.

If it is not an autograph, that just makes it so much easier to include Manziel. It would be as simple as buying an official photo from the Heisman Committe.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
As stated earlier by [MENTION=2424]Brad[/MENTION], Army players sign without compensation, so there are many athletes who sign for free. Though not directly for card companies, the kids of the Aunder Armour Bowl sign free autographs on Topps issued cards. Athletes allow numerous companies to profit off of them daily, all the way from the schools they play for (though they are compensated with free education) to the sponsors in their stadium and on their jersey, all the way up to Johnny Manziel strutting around with his Heisman in front of a backdrops plastered with brand logos.

Heck, for all we know Leaf could have inked a deal with the Heisman Committee that would allow use of their promo pictures, and was able to get Manziel to sign something from their event.

I know of Bubba's Army cards, but I was thinking there was an extra promo card or something during his collegiate career.

Bubba didn't play college ball bypassed his scholarship offer from my Huskers, stayed in Gardner, KS and signed with my Royals to play ball an hour from home. Not sure what hat he wore, as I'm not familiar with the set, but he didn't play anywhere collegiately.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the info.Maybe it was something of him woth an milb logo or another player. Damn my brain for not working.

Sent from the FCB Droid app, which means I'm probably on the crapper.

Members online

Latest posts