Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Apparently, I am not the only one....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
A Red Ref #/5 sold for $1500. $8K asking price isn't out of the question. He is the 3rd best auto in the product.

Allen

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
On the few occasions when I list high end semi PC 1/1s, I tend to overprice them. Some people have unique tastes, deep wallets and no impulse control.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I follow that guy on Twitter and saw him post it when he pulled it. Ridiculous card, and I agree with how he listed it. I doubt he has any reservations that he'll be able to get that price

jdowg84

Oct 13, 2012
I follow that guy on Twitter and saw him post it when he pulled it. Ridiculous card, and I agree with how he listed it. I doubt he has any reservations that he'll be able to get that price

So it's mostly a brand thing, or what? I just don't see the appeal of dishing out $8,000 on a rookie card of a prospect that has yet to pitch in the majors.

I mean that is more money than this one, and Kershaw is a proven entity.

2008 Bowman Chrome DP Clayton Kershaw Auto RC Superfractor 1 1 | eBay

Maybe, I'm just skewed, but 8 G's seems like a hefty asking price for a might-be.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
So it's mostly a brand thing, or what? I just don't see the appeal of dishing out $8,000 on a rookie card of a prospect that has yet to pitch in the majors.

Maybe, I'm just skewed, but 8 G's seems like a hefty asking price for a might-be.

Only difference is that isn't Kershaw's first autographed Super. $8k might be a bit steep but it's on the high level of the range that it should sell for.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX

I highly doubt he's asking $8K for the card. He's surely pulling a high number out of his ass and throwing it out there with the intention of getting some attention and fielding offers. If he is legitimately expecting to get anywhere close to $8k, then yes I agree with you, he'd be an idiot

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca

Put up the 2006 Kershaw and you get a very different price. This Kershaw is not the premier Kershaw super. Whereas, I think this might be the premier Walker super.

jdowg84

Oct 13, 2012
Well, I suppose it goes back to the brand thing then. I know Walker had a 2010 sterling auto (assuming there is a 1/1 there). He also should have a 2012 bowman platinum super as well, so it's not the first 1/1 or super of the guy. That's what confuses me.

MichaelAaron559

May 17, 2013
I highly doubt he's asking $8K for the card. He's surely pulling a high number out of his ass and throwing it out there with the intention of getting some attention and fielding offers. If he is legitimately expecting to get anywhere close to $8k, then yes I agree with you, he'd be an idiot

I didn't just pull a number out of my ass. i am also not expecting 8k for the card, but there is the possibility of stumbling across someone with enough money that they would give me 8k. I keep a very close watch on baseball prospects and know that this kid has the makings to be the next big thing. He was the centerpiece of the Vetoed Justin Upton trade this summer, he's also putting up pretty good numbers to start this season out as well.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Helpful hint: When your superfractor price is set at more than double the price of an RGIII patch/auto superfractor, then you probably have a pretty skewed view of its value.

Which one of the TWENTY-TWO RGIII Superfractors are you talking about.

Well, I suppose it goes back to the brand thing then. I know Walker had a 2010 sterling auto (assuming there is a 1/1 there). He also should have a 2012 bowman platinum super as well, so it's not the first 1/1 or super of the guy. That's what confuses me.

Members online

Latest posts