Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official FAKE AF Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
So I called ebay about this and the rep I talked to is a collector and seemed to believe me about this guy selling fakes. He said if I and a few other people report his listings he might get booted.

So, PLEASE report this P.O.S. and his listings. I'm 100% sure all his Mariano auto's are fake and I'm guessing most/all of the others are too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122919447827?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123010282087?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123122584877?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Scott F

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Upon looking at his store he has IP autos of Larry Bird, Giancarlo Stanton, Ken Stabler (dead) Don Larsen (88 years old) Joe Namath, Johnny Unitas, Ichiro, Dick Butkus and much much more. This guy can afford to fly around the world getting autos but cant afford to buy himself a new Caps Lock key. :benson:

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I love guys like this. My last message to him:

"Come on over tough guy, we're talking about you" (with a link to this thread).

Here are his last 3 responses, still in all caps:

1 - "TALK YOUR HEART OUT.. IM ON WITH EBAY REPORTING YOU"
2 - "YOUVE BEEN REPORTED TO EBAY, AND ON THE STRENGTH OF YOUR MESSAGE THAT YOU STATED BASICALLY YOURE SLANDERING MY NAME.. YOURE GOING TO BE DEALT WITH BY EBAY SECURITY.. ACTION WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST YOU.. SO THANKS FOR EMAILING ME WITH YOUR UNWARRENTED OPINION!"
3 - "... AND GOOD LUCK DEALING WITH EBAY SECURITY! IF I WERE YOU, (GLAD IM NOT)... I WOULDNT MAKE ANY FURTHER CONTACT, ITS JUST GOING TO MAKE IT WORSE FOR YOU THAN IT ALREADY IS!"

This guy already has warnings on his account, so make sure you report him. I would LOVE to get him banned and see him come on here and rant at me in public.

And just in case he really does want to go to court and try to sue me for slander, let me state for the record that I am saying, with 100% certainty, that ebay seller trevus.u6wqwppel is selling fake Mariano Rivera autographs.

Scott F

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
for the record that I am saying, with 100% certainty, that ebay seller trevus.u6wqwppel is selling fake Mariano Rivera autographs.

And with what % certainty do you think his Ichiro autos are fake? ;) Its like when a 3 year old says they drew a picture of a firetruck for you and its just a bunch of shtty circular lines too close together. I guess some people don't realize its homemade art is only cute when you're 3 and not 33.

The line all the cheats give themselves away with:

"MY AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION IS EXTENSIVE SO IF YOU DON'T SEE IT LISTED HERE EMAIL ME, I PROBABLY HAVE IT AND WILL LIST IT FOR YOU. "

Every single forger I've come across gives the line where there's "much more" and and when you ask they ALWAYS have it. hmmm...... :rolleyes:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
So I called ebay about this and the rep I talked to is a collector and seemed to believe me about this guy selling fakes. He said if I and a few other people report his listings he might get booted.

So, PLEASE report this P.O.S. and his listings. I'm 100% sure all his Mariano auto's are fake and I'm guessing most/all of the others are too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122919447827?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123010282087?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123122584877?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Scott F

These autographs are laughable. Holy crap.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Its like when a 3 year old says they drew a picture of a firetruck for you and its just a bunch of shtty circular lines too close together. I guess some people don't realize its homemade art is only cute when you're 3 and not 33.

hairy+fire+truck.jpg

"I've never seen a firetruck that needed to shave. F"

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014

2 - "YOUVE BEEN REPORTED TO EBAY, AND ON THE STRENGTH OF YOUR MESSAGE THAT YOU STATED BASICALLY YOURE SLANDERING MY NAME.. YOURE GOING TO BE DEALT WITH BY EBAY SECURITY.. ACTION WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST YOU.. SO THANKS FOR EMAILING ME WITH YOUR UNWARRENTED OPINION!"
3 - "... AND GOOD LUCK DEALING WITH EBAY SECURITY! IF I WERE YOU, (GLAD IM NOT)... I WOULDNT MAKE ANY FURTHER CONTACT, ITS JUST GOING TO MAKE IT WORSE FOR YOU THAN IT ALREADY IS!"

This guy already has warnings on his account, so make sure you report him. I would LOVE to get him banned and see him come on here and rant at me in public.

And just in case he really does want to go to court and try to sue me for slander, let me state for the record that I am saying, with 100% certainty, that ebay seller trevus.u6wqwppel is selling fake Mariano Rivera autographs.

Scott F

Opinions on this one?

mariano.jpg

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO

Scott F

Hey Scott,

I used to collect a lot of Mcgwire autos back before the steroid fiasco when they were tough to get and his style changed over the years, and I never had 1 fail PSA or JSA. So although his auto's don't bring much anymore this bozo does have a fake listed.

Not only is this doofus selling fake autos, he's selling horrible fake autos and it wouldn't surprise me if they were all fake.

So he's just been reported. Hope this helps!

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Hey Scott,

I used to collect a lot of Mcgwire autos back before the steroid fiasco when they were tough to get and his style changed over the years, and I never had 1 fail PSA or JSA. So although his auto's don't bring much anymore this bozo does have a fake listed.

Not only is this doofus selling fake autos, he's selling horrible fake autos and it wouldn't surprise me if they were all fake.

So he's just been reported. Hope this helps!

Good for you. Most of the people I see selling fakes have 1 or 2 or a few, but this scumbag is running a small business with his garbage. Hopefully a few more knowledgeable members report him and he gets banned.

Scott F

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Last edited:

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Does this autographed card look legit to any of you guys familiar with the Frank Thomas Front Row autos? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Front...TJ5iSUo2hxKJwf9hQfU2PSxynmM%3D&orig_cvip=true
(may need to open a couple of times to see the original listing)
[MENTION=4293]patrick182[/MENTION], I've seen a few of these in your museum and they all have a different "sticker" on the back. Thoughts on this one?
View attachment 80274

Front Row released two unique sets of these cards - one with the serial number on the back (depicted), and one with serial number on the front. Examples of each are shown below. Complete runs of both sets can be viewed in my 1992 portfolio: http://www.museum.radicards.com/portfolio/1992. The only example that's unknown to exist is card #1 with serial number on the back.

Serial number on the back:

1992-front-row-au-serial-number-on-back-3.jpg

Serial number on the front:

1992-front-row-au-serial-number-on-front-3.jpg

Last edited:

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Front Row released two unique sets of these cards - one with the serial number on the back (depicted), and one with serial number on the front.
Awesome, Patrick! Thank you for clearing that up for me. I don't know how I missed the "serial on back" version in the museum. :p

Members online

Latest posts