Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 topps archives variations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I'm going for this set and now I see there are a lot of variations. (gray back, photo ) and so forth. Is there a web site you guys know of that will list all of these?
Thanks
Brad

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm going for this set and now I see there are a lot of variations. (gray back, photo ) and so forth. Is there a web site you guys know of that will list all of these?

cardboard connection is the best I've found for the retail variations.

Hobby, who knows which site will have the best variation info. Probably lots more wrinkles and shennanigans to come with the hobby release since Topps is waiting a century to release the hobby after retail.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
cardboard connection is the best I've found for the retail variations.

Hobby, who knows which site will have the best variation info. Probably lots more wrinkles and shennanigans to come with the hobby release since Topps is waiting a century to release the hobby after retail.

yea. Why is hobby so late on this? oh and thanks for the heads up for cardboard connection

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
yea. Why is hobby so late on this? oh and thanks for the heads up for cardboard connection

I don't know why hobby is so late. At the Natty, Topps says some products get delayed to try to get more live autos into the product but since it's Topps I feel it's production issues or some other issue and not just to get more live autos into a product that still releases with many redemptions.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
from what I see there are 3 different variations. (other than the photo ones)
there are the ones missing the signature on the front, The one with the old topps logo and some have gray backs.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Aside from grabbing a player I didn't have already, this is one of those sets (Signature Series) that I am a very visual buyer for. I could pass on 95% of the cards, but a player comes along and they just use the best buyback card and instantly in can become a classic for me.

There are several players I am eyeing right now to see what shows up.

Didn't want to start a new thread but they really have brought back some great memories of when I started collecting!

1981 would have been when I really started using my allowance money to buy a few packs every friday!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-TOPPS...h=item1a620313ed:g:l8sAAOSw1tNbvQ7T:rk:1:pf:0
View attachment 84068

This is a prime example, if it were not a 1/1 and already overpriced at the opening rate.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
They say its going out Oct. 24th now

thanks for the response. I had heard September, then "October" until your more exact date in October. I wonder why the delays considering it should be essentially the same as retail except for maybe a couple more variations.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
thanks for the response. I had heard September, then "October" until your more exact date in October. I wonder why the delays considering it should be essentially the same as retail except for maybe a couple more variations.

crazy huh? I already finished the set but will get one hobby box for the sp's and autos and so forth

Members online