Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC: Hope it's not a bait and switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
I bought this card on COMC. I e-mailed them and hope to get a replacement or my money back. The bottom corner looked rough on the COMC scan, but I got the card today and that bottom corner is beat.
ScreenShot2013-02-23at64133PM_zpsddffe0c1.pngIMAG1589-1_zpsa2203c9d.jpg

edit: Yeah, it's the same card--just more damaged than the original scan from COMC shows. I guess the next time I look at an image on COMC I should assume any damage should be considered as more significant than shown. Good to know going forward.

Last edited:

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Looks like the same exact card but there was problems with the bottom corner layering already and then it probably got further damaged when it was put into a penny sleeve.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
that bottom left corner is hammered in the original scan. I'm sure you can still return it if you'd like.

nerdherd020

Feb 9, 2011
California
You'll get a refund for sure. COMC's customer service is top-of-the-line. Just email them and say you weren't happy with the condition of one of the cards you received. They'll refund you no questions asked.

saraceno21

Oct 18, 2012
They will probably give you a refund and not even ask why you would buy a card with a scan you admit has a rough corner and then ask to return it.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
So you bought a damaged card....and then want to return it because it's too damaged?

They'll give you the refund, but you're the exact person I try to avoid on eBay. My blocked list thanks you for making this thread.

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
email their customer service and they'll give you a refund no problem. I've had to do it before and never had issues

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
if you look at the bottom corner, and the top right edge, it's the same exact card. just looks like your scanner is a little bit clearer than whatever they used

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
if you look at the bottom corner, and the top right edge, it's the same exact card. just looks like your scanner is a little bit clearer than whatever they used

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Yeah, it's the same card--just more damaged than the original scan from COMC shows. I guess the next time I look at an image on COMC I should assume any damage should be considered as more significant than shown. Good to know going forward.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Yeah, it's the same card--just more damaged than the original scan from COMC shows. I guess the next time I look at an image on COMC I should assume any damage should be considered as more significant than shown. Good to know going forward.

Somebody said it earlier in the thread, I think it's pretty clear that the bottom left corner was compromised, and then when a packaging person at comc put it in a penny sleeve it was wrecked some more. They aren't trying to bait and switch or show misleading scans, but the packaging department shouldn't have sent out a card they damaged further. You won't have any problem getting a refund.

I can tell you that I've bought about 1,500 cards on comc and I've had issues like that with fewer than 5 cards. No matter how good a seller/site is there will be screwups once in a while. At least they'll fix the issue. I mean I've bought new paperback books on amazon before where they were accidentally packed poorly and the cover got creased, but if I cared enough to get it replaced or get a refund they'd be on top of it. People make mistakes.

Members online