Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sketch Cards - Known Artists Available For Commissions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
After 2013 Leaf Masterworks I've been more interested in hand drawn sketch cards. They're unique 1/1 cards more interesting than most 1/1 parallels. I've been able to commission cards from 3 artists from that set so far to do Artist Proof cards for me and thought maybe some more seasoned sketch card enthusiasts could point me towards other known artists actively accepting commissions.

Artists I'm commissioned:
- Jim Kyle
- Chris Henderson
- Juan Rosales (FBC member)

Contacted but no reply:
- Justin Tigner

If you know an artist doing this type of work, please post their name and contact info. And a link to their work if possible!

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Brian Kong

2013-09-03

http://www.briankong.com/

May 10, 2013
Darvish Art Card(s)

The 2013 Topps Museum Collection produced art cards that they call the "Canvas Collection." The base is a cleaned up version of a sketch with "Topps Museum Collection" and "Canvas Collection" plainly visible at the top and bottom of the card. The artist (Brandon Kenney) created ten original, hand drawn drafts of the card which are hand numbered in red ink and signed by the artist on the card's rear. The original, non-numbered 1/1 hand drawnart card was auctioned off by the artist himself, and is also signed in red ink on the back of the card. The base card, CC-17 is neither signed nor numbered. But yeah, look up Brandon Kenney.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

jrosales

Mar 23, 2013
Hey BigUnit, it was a pleasure to work with you on the Randy Johnson AP. My wife works alongside me with Leaf, and did stuff for Masterworks and Best of Football as well. Let me know if you ever want to commission me again.

Last edited:

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
How much do these generally run?

Say I'd be interested in a nice color one like Ty Hope posted, of Shogun Rua?????
You're looking at a very broad range of prices. Usually full color is anywhere between $30 and $100. Usually around $50.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I just got in a new sketch card today & have to show it off. The artist is Anthony Douglas, search for seller 'sketchcardstore' on eBay. I asked him to do RJ's '89 Upper Deck rookie card and it came out almost too good. I had to hold it up against my face trying to see if it was an actual sketch or not, just flawless artwork. The one on left is my custom made Superfractor 1/1, pretty damn cool (notice my fake Big Unit UD logo bottom left). I have several more sketch cards on the way & am planning to commission a few more. I will post them all together once I get them all in-hand.

20140128_181616.jpg

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I just got in a new sketch card today & have to show it off. The artist is Anthony Douglas, search for seller 'sketchcardstore' on eBay. I asked him to do RJ's '89 Upper Deck rookie card and it came out almost too good. I had to hold it up against my face trying to see if it was an actual sketch or not, just flawless artwork. The one on left is my custom made Superfractor 1/1, pretty damn cool (notice my fake Big Unit UD logo bottom left). I have several more sketch cards on the way & am planning to commission a few more. I will post them all together once I get them all in-hand.

View attachment 29362

Those are amazing!

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008

View attachment 29362

Damn, those are hella good.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I thought I'd share all the sketch cards I've collected since creating this thread and show who did each. 2 are card company Sketch Inserts and the rest are commissioned. Off all the artists mentioned in the pictures, I fully recommend all of them except one. In the end I got the card from this person so I don't feel right about calling them out right here. But if you PM me with who you're thinking about commissioning, I'd be glad to give you a heads up if you mention them.

Also, my scanner is lame and these all pop in person much more than in these images.

sketchs1.jpg

sketchs2.jpg

20140309_140503.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.