Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
First big add to the Manny collection from the 90's in quite a while. I am the second owner as the guy I bought it from pulled it from a pack ~1999! This is the first one I have laid eyes on.
IMG_0003_zps1fa1b633.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
First big add to the Manny collection from the 90's in quite a while. I am the second owner as the guy I bought it from pulled it from a pack ~1999! This is the first one I have laid eyes on.
IMG_0003_zps1fa1b633.jpg

Sick!! Saw that listing and in the back of my mind thought; "that's a once-in-a-lifetime pick-up for someone"

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
IMG_0003_zps1fa1b633.jpg
Good for you! Man I would love the O'neill for my collection. I have an unopened box of that Tradition hoping its in there, hey I can hope!

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Thanks guys! George I think this is one of only a handful of times in collecting that I paid a bit more than I had originally set my price at. However, I don't think I would pay an arm and a leg for a baseball card with two shirtless men on it! Ha ha. Yanks 2151: while the box is unopened, there is always a glimmer of hope! So you may want to keep it unopened... ;)

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Thanks guys! George I think this is one of only a handful of times in collecting that I paid a bit more than I had originally set my price at. However, I don't think I would pay an arm and a leg for a baseball card with two shirtless men on it! Ha ha. Yanks 2151: while the box is unopened, there is always a glimmer of hope! So you may want to keep it unopened... ;)

wow! great pickup!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana

To be honest I would over pay for the Lankford.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Thanks guys! George I think this is one of only a handful of times in collecting that I paid a bit more than I had originally set my price at. However, I don't think I would pay an arm and a leg for a baseball card with two shirtless men on it! Ha ha.

Great card! I know a few people on here think parallels are dumb, but this Fleer Tradition Starting 9 is one of my favorites in my collection. Everything about it I love. Blue foil, numbering, unbelievably rare (but not a 1/1), great photography...Great pick up! Congrats!

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Anybody have any info on these? Seller said he got them from an upper deck exec off the R&D floor.

treasury_promo_f.jpg
treasury_promo_b.jpg

ovation_med_proof_f.jpg
ovation_med_proof_b.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Treasury was talked about for a long while but few examples have ever surfaces; congrats.

Yeah that I did know which is why I didn't hesistate to purchase them and just hope they were real. The Treasury card is so pixelated though it looks fake but there's no doubting the coin. The card itself is 4 pieces of stock barely glued together because of wear and tear (it's supposed to be white but it's so faded from wear and tear it looks like it's 1980's Topps stock paper). I was hoping somebody else would have one to verify the card is actually real and not homemade. The medallion one though I have never heard of in my life. They did a great job on the medallion itself, I wish they would have produced those.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Joe, I think you are the proud owner of a unique set of pre-preproduction items. Not sure why anyone would fake a card to go with the coin.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Also, got another one of these hand numbered cards from this year. Any other players have hand numbered ones?
95BDEE7E-745C-4F1E-BCFC-665C35A244F5-1432-0000012F323AFFDC_zps00083836.jpg

jans3.jpg

Could they be factory replacements for damaged cards? I know I have several Fleer cards like that (and was sent some directly from them) as well as one Collector's Edge card. I'm not familiar with whether UD also did it that way.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Could they be factory replacements for damaged cards? I know I have several Fleer cards like that (and was sent some directly from them) as well as one Collector's Edge card. I'm not familiar with whether UD also did it that way.

This was my understanding as well - though I also have only seen fleer and none of UD that I can think of off the top of my head.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Thought that I got a nice deal on this one at $24.50. 1999 Upper Deck 10th Anniversary "Triples" parallel.
Jeter99UD_zps138d987f.jpg
Jeter99UDBack_zps60b5a633.jpg

Great deal! I had it on watch and completely fell asleep at the wheel. Particularly bitter since I finally decided on a collection focus - 90's low # insert parallels. No clue why it went so low, if I recall had a reasonable end time. If you are interested in a swap, I've got plenty of low # '90's that no longer fit my PC. Congrats!

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
So, I've got a COMC shipment "packaging". One of the cards I'm most interested in seeing is this one:

Courtesy of COMC.com

So, who can guess why?

For comparison sake, I pack pulled this one sometime last year:

TS4.jpg
(/30)

And the verdict is in! The Kapler is indeed the foil parallel - #'d 13/30. These things NEVER show up.

Members online