Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew November postseason edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Closed the store tonight, cranking through some Octoberfest brew, chips and the back pages of Google looking for cards...old episodes of South Park in the background.
Few things more frustrating than thinking you found a lead on a great card then to find the page has been dead for several years.

Who's up?

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I'm here. Just resting after hauling about 80 feet of thick tree out of the road yesterday. I might need the neck brace Tourettes Guy has on always ;-)
Took a few pics of cards today I might try to sell.

What card did you have a lead on?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Ah, the pain of finding dead links on the 15th page of google hits! I'm trying to remember the last time I found a needed card through a google search. I know it's happened but it's been a while. Doesn't stop me from trying now and then.

I'm binge watching John Oliver on youtube.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Just looking for some 2010 triple threads Wakefield stuff. Saw a few pages that had them listed but had dead ends. A mid tier guy like him it's hard to find cards that are 7 years old. Either in PCs or people don't bother to list/post them.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Catching up on some of the Cora coaching moves for Boston. I like Roenicke as the bench coach, he did well in Milwaukee for what he had I thought. I like Tom Goodwin as a base coach, he certainly has experience on the basepaths. Febles as the 3rd base coach makes sense because he worked with most of then in Portland on their way up. I'm not sure what to make of Tony La Russa joining the front office...just why? I have no issue with him I just don't really get it. I think I'd like to see Wendell "wave 'em in" Kim come back, I don't think he knew how to signal a guy to stop at third, soooo many plays at the plate.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Don't have any Wakefield, sorry.

Just a huge storm took a massive imbalanced branch off across the neighbors driveway so I had to finish the job in one day even though I was still getting over the flu. :benson: Whenever I get dizzy I just pretend it was free booze or something :lol:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Throwback Thursday.

2011, Game 1 of the World Series.

67192737facd0edb2bb52b3239f28c62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
That crap is the worst, had a storm blow through on Sunday night, most of southeast CT lost power. I was down for over a day but not much damage in my immediate area, although I lost one shutter which is annoying but in reality it's fine. Getting over the flu?? My neighbors would be staying in for another day or two, your a better man than I.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
That crap is the worst, had a storm blow through on Sunday night, most of southeast CT lost power. I was down for over a day but not much damage in my immediate area, although I lost one shutter which is annoying but in reality it's fine. Getting over the flu?? My neighbors would be staying in for another day or two, your a better man than I.

This is making me sound too kind. ;) I was over the worst of it, the main objective was to do it before they get back and wake me up with their yapping.
How many hours were you without power? If only we had a scented candle collection the size of [MENTION=2141]blanning71[/MENTION] it would be ok :cool:

Remember the fan in Tampa that would always heckle Bret Boone? :lol: That was the best... he really got under his skin until Bret started talking sht one time and broke his bat.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
We were down for 36ish hours but it went out around 10pm then I worked all day Monday so I didn't miss it much. The pisser was my internet was down for another full day so I had power back but couldn't watch TV...these are trying times.

Sent from my XT1585 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
The pisser was my internet was down for another full day so I had power back but couldn't watch TV...these are trying times.

This somehow reminded me of the old South Park where they all lost internet and Randy had some guy draw him stick figure **** to have on his monitor :lol: I need to rewatch that.

Nice work on the tree.

He's a lumberjack and he's OK!

:grouphug:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
To me there has been a large decline for 3 years or so. Still better than where the Simpsons were at this age, where they basically fell off a cliff. Going full sequential last year was really brutal at times so at least they quit that.

What are some of everyones favorite episodes?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I don't watch SP enough to see those kind of changes, but when I do see a new episode it still gets a chuckle out of me. I did notice the Simpsons going downhill as you said since I watched that a lot more at the time. One of my favorite SP episodes is the prius smug one, probably because I live in Boulder County CO.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I don't watch SP enough to see those kind of changes, but when I do see a new episode it still gets a chuckle out of me. I did notice the Simpsons going downhill as you said since I watched that a lot more at the time. One of my favorite SP episodes is the prius smug one, probably because I live in Boulder County CO.

I need to go rewatch Smug Alert (I think thats its name) again as well. Have you seen Casa Bonita? Thats one of the very best episodes and is also based on a real place in CO

Members online