Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew - June 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I probably will only post here in these NC threads from now on, but here was a funny outside post today.

"A major blow to the collecting community.

Without Beckett Grading, how would we know if a card is centered or not?
Without Beckett Magazine, how would we know what a card is worth?
Without Beckett.com, how would we know if our computers can load pages?
Without Beckett staff, how would we know what amount of man boobage is acceptable?" :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if Beckett has under 5 years left. RIP bye bye.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I probably will only post here in these NC threads from now on, but here was a funny outside post today.

"A major blow to the collecting community.

Without Beckett Grading, how would we know if a card is centered or not?
Without Beckett Magazine, how would we know what a card is worth?
Without Beckett.com, how would we know if our computers can load pages?
Without Beckett staff, how would we know what amount of man boobage is acceptable?" :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if Beckett has under 5 years left. RIP bye bye.

Beckett is worthless. Always has been, always will be.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
That is definitely some funny stuff. Beckett gets a hard knock at times and rightfully so. They served a fairly important spot in this hobby for awhile but like many organizations they feel more important than they are and that's when things get away from them. I like a lot of things Beckett has done and still does but I much prefer a site like this that doesn't take itself too seriously but still serves an important purpose for this hobby and the people who use this site.
No matter what happens with Beckett some of my favorite hobby memories will be me as a kid pouring over that magazine for the collector spotlight or the c-note wish list or to see if my Bonds Fleer rookie went up in value...so many fun memories around that magazine, and even the site in the early days or internet.
I'm very thankful that I found FCB though, without a doubt my most visited website these days, from lonesomes coffee shop MT girls to the absolute ridiculous **** in this thread, it never disappoints.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
They might be worth-less than worthless soon... could be in the negative!! :eek:

A lot of the guys who work there remind me of Comic Book Guy from Simpsons.
Have you seen the episode where a better comic book stores comes to town (voiced by Jack Black) and he realizes the days of talking to customer like sht are over.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT

Love that episode, a flat out amazing show. The actual ridiculousness that I was thinking about was the best boobs contest. But beyond that the free thought that occurs here is so vastly superior to any other site I've been apart of that to me that's what makes this place great, sometimes it's hobby relevant, sometimes it's favorite childhood/current day cartoons and that's why I check so often because you never know what's happening. Nearly every other site is predictable moment to moment.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Love that episode, a flat out amazing show. The actual ridiculousness that I was thinking about was the best boobs contest. But beyond that the free thought that occurs here is so vastly superior to any other site I've been apart of that to me that's what makes this place great, sometimes it's hobby relevant, sometimes it's favorite childhood/current day cartoons and that's why I check so often because you never know what's happening. Nearly every other site is predictable moment to moment.

Yeah, that episode is great... my fave line is "so you like that I turned your favorite superhero into a heroin obsessed jazz critic with no super powers??" :lol:

This place is indeed the most knowledgeable collectors by far (especially of 90s rarities), there would be even more hobby relevant posts if something relevant was going on in the hobby!!! sadly there is a thin pool of things to talk about cardwise these days. I remember about 10 years ago when UD was doing awesome high end there was constant buzz on everything.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
That is definitely some funny stuff. Beckett gets a hard knock at times and rightfully so. They served a fairly important spot in this hobby for awhile but like many organizations they feel more important than they are and that's when things get away from them. I like a lot of things Beckett has done and still does but I much prefer a site like this that doesn't take itself too seriously but still serves an important purpose for this hobby and the people who use this site.
No matter what happens with Beckett some of my favorite hobby memories will be me as a kid pouring over that magazine for the collector spotlight or the c-note wish list or to see if my Bonds Fleer rookie went up in value...so many fun memories around that magazine, and even the site in the early days or internet.
I'm very thankful that I found FCB though, without a doubt my most visited website these days, from lonesomes coffee shop MT girls to the absolute ridiculous **** in this thread, it never disappoints.

With eBay around Beckett is completely pointless now in my opinion.

I don’t need to know what some magazine thinks my card is valued at when I can look on eBay and see actual value.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
As for the boob bracket, I was ramping it up and about to post good ones, but after 4-5 times the notorious [MENTION=2141]blanning71[/MENTION] (RIP?) shut it down. ;) I didn't even know you weren't allowed to post **** here, honest!

I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but the final entry was going to be Chris Olds.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts