Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew - June 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Welcome back to [MENTION=12878]death2redemptions[/MENTION].

I hear he was on a plane trip away from us for a week... apparently trying to break Amelia Earhart's around the world record. . . he was not aware he had to be the one flying the plane. :lol:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
The transcripts from Luke Heimlich (who went undrafted ) meetings with Brewers were released. When asked about his off the field behavior he said-

"Mama Bear and Papa Bear were walking through the forest. Mama Bear asked Papa Bear will you eat my porridge" :confused:

I can see why he went undrafted ;)

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Hey y'all. What is up with your bad selves this evening?

I am trawling around the dark corners of the web looking for missing PC cards. Found one on Beckett of all places that I never noticed before. The seller wants $25 though, and that's right on my threshold for this card. I'll probably dick around for a month and then impulse buy it some evening after the 4th beer...

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Hey y'all. What is up with your bad selves this evening?

I am trawling around the dark corners of the web looking for missing PC cards. Found one on Beckett of all places that I never noticed before. The seller wants $25 though, and that's right on my threshold for this card. I'll probably dick around for a month and then impulse buy it some evening after the 4th beer...

hey, long time no see

I was having some Jesus Juice tonight (chamona teehee) then I was watching Xmen.. trying to finish this run.

What card is it?

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
btw, today I had a draw offer in corr. chess tourney today, very good news.. it means he doesn't understand I have a slight edge in the position. I will grind him to dust now. :grouphug:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Hey! Jesus Juice. Nice. How are ya?

It's 2003 Studio Stars Platinum /25. It's not a really special card, but there are surprisingly few of them available in general. Ebay search today came up with 4 examples total, out of 1250 total cards released (50 players x 25 each). Dealer is Southpaw Cards. I remember buying stuff from them back in the 90's during my first go-round with this PC of mine. Funny that they're still around. They have a huge selection with lots of rare stuff, but sometimes their prices are over my threshold. So yeah. This one is borderline. It's not like $25 will kill me, but I need to try to maintain some semblance of fiscal discipline, or else those smaller purchases start adding up quick.

hey, long time no see

I was having some Jesus Juice tonight (chamona teehee) then I was watching Xmen.. trying to finish this run.

What card is it?

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
As for the boob bracket, I was ramping it up and about to post good ones, but after 4-5 times the notorious [MENTION=2141]blanning71[/MENTION] (RIP?) shut it down. ;) I didn't even know you weren't allowed to post **** here, honest!

I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but the final entry was going to be Chris Olds.

I don't have a problem with a good discussion on tatas. I just don't want the wrong image to be sent if kids decide to pop in to the Crew thread. I've seen these things spiral quickly and I don't want the administrators getting ticked off at me for allowing it to do so. Like I said, some ill humor is ok. But there is a tolerance that can't be exceeded. But hey, have fun guys. Discuss all kinds of stuff and expand your mind. Just go easy on the pics and stuff of the tatas!

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I don't have a problem with a good discussion on tatas. I just don't want the wrong image to be sent if kids decide to pop in to the Crew thread. I've seen these things spiral quickly and I don't want the administrators getting ticked off at me for allowing it to do so. Like I said, some ill humor is ok. But there is a tolerance that can't be exceeded. But hey, have fun guys. Discuss all kinds of stuff and expand your mind. Just go easy on the pics and stuff of the tatas!

I think it would be alright [MENTION=2141]blanning71[/MENTION], I’m sure [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] would personally apologize to them. 😂

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
That is definitely some funny stuff. Beckett gets a hard knock at times and rightfully so. They served a fairly important spot in this hobby for awhile but like many organizations they feel more important than they are and that's when things get away from them. I like a lot of things Beckett has done and still does but I much prefer a site like this that doesn't take itself too seriously but still serves an important purpose for this hobby and the people who use this site.
No matter what happens with Beckett some of my favorite hobby memories will be me as a kid pouring over that magazine for the collector spotlight or the c-note wish list or to see if my Bonds Fleer rookie went up in value...so many fun memories around that magazine, and even the site in the early days or internet.
I'm very thankful that I found FCB though, without a doubt my most visited website these days, from lonesomes coffee shop MT girls to the absolute ridiculous **** in this thread, it never disappoints.

Beckett hasn't been the same since Bobfett or what ever his screen name was on Beckett forums. :p

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA

Mostly I just posted that to see if you're still around.

What if tatas actually help young collectors break into the hobby? :eek:

pack 1
base
base
base
base

pack 2
base
base
base
auto

pack 3
base
base
base
BEAVER!?!?
case hit!!! :p

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Hey! Jesus Juice. Nice. How are ya?

It's 2003 Studio Stars Platinum /25. It's not a really special card, but there are surprisingly few of them available in general. Ebay search today came up with 4 examples total, out of 1250 total cards released (50 players x 25 each). Dealer is Southpaw Cards. I remember buying stuff from them back in the 90's during my first go-round with this PC of mine. Funny that they're still around. They have a huge selection with lots of rare stuff, but sometimes their prices are over my threshold. So yeah. This one is borderline. It's not like $25 will kill me, but I need to try to maintain some semblance of fiscal discipline, or else those smaller purchases start adding up quick.

I was confused there for a second, I thought I was Southpaw Cards. :confused: Maybe I tried for that name on another site at one point. Will have to google the set, I haven't heard of it (unless I'm forgetting)

Agreed about the discipline, the times I go over by a few bucks that card sticks out and it ruins half the challenge. Good luck!

Members online

Latest posts