Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew - Feb 2019! It’s as cold as Pete Rose’s Hall of Fame chances!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I would participate more but this website is still trash. Almost any time I click to reply I’m taken to a page that says the website isn’t responding. Not worth wasting my time typing stuff out.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I would participate more but this website is still trash. Almost any time I click to reply I’m taken to a page that says the website isn’t responding. Not worth wasting my time typing stuff out.

You could always give me some baseball style hand signals and I will decode your thoughts. :grouphug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKT0du4IKIQ

Its been better for me lately, but I am on a regular computer.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
"MLB to put rules in place to curtail sign stealing"

my recommendation: make managers wear these...

2ctFu.jpg

if it catches on you could sell to fans in the team shop. :|

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
[MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] should photoshop one of those on Canseco during the play where the ball hit him in the head to become a HR! :lol:

20140325_191016.jpg

bounce.jpg

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Hello buckos. Hows things? Finally glad to see baseball back in full swing. Sam, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles on the site. I haven' noticed anything out of sorts with operation....have you talked to Gilmore about it? Does anyone on here still collect cards anymore? I have a question. Do you guys still set goals in collecting? Curious to hear your thoughts.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Goals have become difficult for me, my Wakefield collection is super hard to find things I need from his playing days. I've set a goal to find 4 or 5 I need each year. Really that just reminds me to do detailed searches on various sites regularly, I'm really just at the mercy of what shows up. Before I was trying to be responsible with my money and I was actively working on my Biggio collection it was easy to set goals like add 200 this year and hit 1500 total cards, or whatever but not so much since life changed my spending habits. I just scoop what I can from the new releases he's in and hope older stuff pops up now and then.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Hello buckos. Hows things? Finally glad to see baseball back in full swing. Sam, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles on the site. I haven' noticed anything out of sorts with operation....have you talked to Gilmore about it? Does anyone on here still collect cards anymore? I have a question. Do you guys still set goals in collecting? Curious to hear your thoughts.

I don't buy baseball cards anymore and wont until Topps has improvement/competition. Everyone else has better cards: Hockey, Basketball, Football, WWE, Magic, Pokemon, Tanner. A similar comparison would be if the only burgers you could get is McD's... still like burgers but I sure wouldn't be eating any until some good competition came around.

My goal of completing the Crusade set ended when I remembered I wasn't a shtzillionaire. :lol:

What about you?

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I manage to find a few cards each year for my player collection. I gave away about 30,000 cards last year. I think the dark side of hobby of vintage non-sports cards is starting to grab my attention more these days.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I manage to find a few cards each year for my player collection. I gave away about 30,000 cards last year. I think the dark side of hobby of vintage non-sports cards is starting to grab my attention more these days.

Like...Garbage Pail Kids from the 80's? lol
I actually found my old GPK collection last year when I was cleaning up my old room at the folks' house.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
In all this talk about Harper/Machado I'm surprised Dallas Keuchel is still available. He could end up being the best value sign this year by a contender, not only a former CY but wins the GG every year and is only 30.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I have realized that more money has been pissed away buying wax than ever before. Over the last two years, I have seen prices rise to absolutely ridiculous levels on boxes and packs. The content hasn't improved and it has really left me with a desire to just pick up single cards now. Let the breakers break and sellers sell cheap. I've got a couple close contacts that have enough singles to keep my mind interested and they normally look out for me when we are bartering. So my goal this year is to leave most of the wax alone and focus on single cards that I'm interested in. So far so good.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I haven't bought a box of cards since 1995. I bought a few packs of the shiny baseball cards in 1998. I started a player collection around 1993 of mostly vintage cards.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I have realized that more money has been pissed away buying wax than ever before. Over the last two years, I have seen prices rise to absolutely ridiculous levels on boxes and packs. The content hasn't improved and it has really left me with a desire to just pick up single cards now. Let the breakers break and sellers sell cheap. I've got a couple close contacts that have enough singles to keep my mind interested and they normally look out for me when we are bartering. So my goal this year is to leave most of the wax alone and focus on single cards that I'm interested in. So far so good.

100% agree.

and thats coming from someone who probably overachieved in breaks.

I haven't bought a box of cards since 1995. I bought a few packs of the shiny baseball cards in 1998. I started a player collection around 1993 of mostly vintage cards.

1998: the best year to buy the shiney sht! :) did you get any nice Crusades/Tek/Pinnacle?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts