Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew March Zadness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I want to tell a French **** story/tragedy I encountered once but I think it needs visuals to explain. :???:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
News of the week!!

Babe Ruth daughter dies at 102.

O's get even worse as Adam Jones heads to the NL.

The true Roid King Arod gets engaged to JLo. GILF slayer a little sad? :eek:

Headline gets cutoff and says "Rays renew Snell for 3,700" I knew they were cheap but damn! :lol:

Vlad Jr injured with an oblique strain, one of the worst non broken bone injuries a hitter can get.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
News of the week!!

The true Roid King Arod gets engaged to JLo. GILF slayer a little sad? :eek:

Bigger news was the congrats Jose Canseco gave. :p
https://twitter.com/JoseCanseco/status/1104911787793793026

Both Arod and [MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] seem to have a history of smashing Canseco's ex gfs. :lol: I can't blame them, he has had a lot of hot ones! My fave was the blonde Asian during his Stern interview.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Hey fellow members of the Dusty Baker Playa Haters Club (TM) did you see the spoof of him on American Dad? :lol: [MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION]

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I haven't met a nurse practitioner in the past 20 years that's worth a damn. What do they do ? Go around trying to scare patients and the families. %#$@&"s

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Latest episode of the wheelhouse is up. Dipoto explains that the testing in the Atlantic League regarding larger bags is not for player safety, but to slightly increase offense. I thought that was interesting.

I haven't met a nurse practitioner in the past 20 years that's worth a damn. What do they do ? Go around trying to scare patients and the families. %#$@&"s

Yeah, I'm not even sure my doc has one anymore. He must have realized he could take blood pressure and complain on his own. ;)

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I asked to see a doctor to get more information on my wife's situation. NP come's in and say's the dr left for the day. At 4:00pm. I know the dr's work a ton of hours. She starts saying every time I come into my wife's room I have to put a gown and gloves on. Never had to before. She says, my wife has a serious infection that can spread very easy. I start getting upset for my wife, mad at the dr's hospital and nurses. She's not giving us straight answers. She leaves after I shut up.

My wife's nurse comes in the room and goes thru all the information she has on the computer and explains that the gowns are a precaution. The infection is serious but common in my wife's situation. All her dr's know about it and know what drugs she can be given for infections. The list of antibotics that work are very short.

I asked my wife later if I could punch the nurse practitioner for scaring the crap out of us. My wife said no. I don't play nice when I'm mad.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
The tourny is set, spring training just peaking, and my fantasy baseball drafts are Sunday, this is a truly magical time of year!

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Hey dingleberries! Ya know, what grinds my gears? Why is it that people have to come up with stupid azz nicknames of players when they are breaking on camera? Maybe its just me, but every time I watch a break online, the breaker feels edgy and cool by giving players stupid nickname. I've noticed it alot with football this year(ie. LamJack for Lamar Jackson, RoJo for Ronald Jones Jr. , etc....) and it really annoys me that they just cant call a player name for what it is. I guess I'm getting older and more crotchedy........anywho.....I was doing some cleaning up in my bedroom tonight and I found a 600 count box of cards. I opened it up and started thumbing thru, assuming I had already pulled anything of note years ago. I found a stack of 2010 Bowman Platinum chrome rookies of Sano, Tate, Ackley, and Montero.....as well as SIX Mike Trout cards!! Not a bad little find!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Hey dingleberries! Ya know, what grinds my gears? Why is it that people have to come up with stupid azz nicknames of players when they are breaking on camera? Maybe its just me, but every time I watch a break online, the breaker feels edgy and cool by giving players stupid nickname. I've noticed it alot with football this year(ie. LamJack for Lamar Jackson, RoJo for Ronald Jones Jr. , etc....) and it really annoys me that they just cant call a player name for what it is. I guess I'm getting older and more crotchedy........anywho.....I was doing some cleaning up in my bedroom tonight and I found a 600 count box of cards. I opened it up and started thumbing thru, assuming I had already pulled anything of note years ago. I found a stack of 2010 Bowman Platinum chrome rookies of Sano, Tate, Ackley, and Montero.....as well as SIX Mike Trout cards!! Not a bad little find!

Blanhammer!! whats new? :)

Yeah nicknames in sports have gone too far. Most are just lazy abbreviations anyways. I think the main people that deserve nicknames are the most and least likeable players... for example, the greek god that is Dan Vogelbach needs to be assigned a nickname by all. It can be Vogelblob, Vogelphat, Chris Farley, it really doesn't matter.

Congrats on the Trouts, those never go out of style. :cool: I think he actually left a little money on the table today but he must be really comfortable with the city and ownership. I like how he faked out Bryce Harper to the point he thought Trout was joining him in a couple of years. :lol:

Tomorrow both the Mariners and US chess championships start but I have to go far away for some dental work so I should miss everything. :-?

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
It just annoys me when breakers are constantly putting a twist on a players name when they pull their cards. Enough already. Just call the player by their real name. Its not hard.

It is weird watching baseball this early in the year. I didn't realize the M's and A's were playing a season opening series in Japan. Guess I've been under a rock. But hey, you can't complain because baseball is back! As for Trout, I do feel like he left money on the table. Maybe not ALOT, but I do think he could've signed somewhere else and been offered closert to 500M. In this day and age of jumping teams more frequently than changing underwear, its nice to see Trout stick it out with his original team that drafted him. I think the brass went to him and told him they would build a contender around him. And they are putting pieces together. I think that once they shed the rest of Pujols' contract, they can go after some pitching. They have some key pieces they've picked up in the past few years. With a prospect crop of Adell, Jones, Thaiss, Adams, and Canning, I think they may be able to get some help on the pitching side. And with Ohtani due to be back on the mound next season, that will definitely help. I just hope that they can put it all together and make a run again for Trout. If he gets a ring, it will cement him as the best player of our time hands down and he can then be lumped in with the likes of Mantle, Aaron, DiMaggio, Williams, and the rest of the legends we have respected over the years.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts