Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

November Night Crew - aka where the heII is @blanning ;)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Hipsters. There just seems to be an utterly endless supply of them, all made in the same factory. They're not really evil, they're just insufferable.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Brilliant! Sometimes those guys come up with really good stuff.

"bi the garage"

Yeah, SP used to do just a little bit of hipster bashing but nowadays they dedicate full episodes to it. (which I like)
I sense their increased irritation is due to CO getting overrun by hipsters/SJW in recent years.. am I correct?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
You are correct sir. I think hipster/yuppie infestations are a fairly widespread problem, but the Denver area is still a major hotspot.

I live in Lafayette, and our first brewpub opened in 2013. At the time I knew that meant we had reached a tipping point. Now we have no less than 9 brewpubs/distillieries/cideries in a city of 28,000. And the composition of people you see walking down the street is just different. Of course the chicks in their yoga pants are an upgrade in terms of scenery, but otherwise I can do without them. Their lifestyles are just one image-conscious affectation after another, and they offer nothing but self-absorption with zero self-awareness to go along with it.

When they decide to invade an area, I think overall the positive things they bring are greatly outweighed by the negative. Now we are getting 3-4 story yuppie hives being built on every street corner, just like Denver. Textbook gentrification.

"bi the garage"

Yeah, SP used to do just a little bit of hipster bashing but nowadays they dedicate full episodes to it. (which I like)
I sense their increased irritation is due to CO getting overrun by hipsters/SJW in recent years.. am I correct?

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
South Park is perhaps my favorite show, I won't commit to that but it's top 5. They are so quick to get current stuff on TV and the wit/humor is right up my alley, nothing is sacred and no one is safe. Make love not Warcraft, the Ninja weapons episode, The Mormon episode, which spawned the Broadway show, Butters bottom *****, the biggest crap feat. Bono, the imagination land trilogy...man bear pig. And in the past few seasons they transformed into an actual show with running story rather than just 22 minutes dedicated to making fun of one specific thing or person.
Very few episodes that I don't love, they do incredible stuff. If you haven't watched the movie recently, watch it again... fantastic

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
You are correct sir. I think hipster/yuppie infestations are a fairly widespread problem, but the Denver area is still a major hotspot.

I live in Lafayette, and our first brewpub opened in 2013. At the time I knew that meant we had reached a tipping point. Now we have no less than 9 brewpubs/distillieries/cideries in a city of 28,000. And the composition of people you see walking down the street is just different. Of course the chicks in their yoga pants are an upgrade in terms of scenery, but otherwise I can do without them. Their lifestyles are just one image-conscious affectation after another, and they offer nothing but self-absorption with zero self-awareness to go along with it.

When they decide to invade an area, I think overall the positive things they bring are greatly outweighed by the negative. Now we are getting 3-4 story yuppie hives being built on every street corner, just like Denver. Textbook gentrification.

It sounds like that it one of the yuppiest areas around, yikes!! :eek: I'm not even sure what a brewpub is but I'm guessing its faux fanciness at a 700% markup? I suppose that's what the building in the South Park commercial was called...

Luckily my area isn't this way but I've had a few bizarre run ins with these douches.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
South Park is perhaps my favorite show, I won't commit to that but it's top 5. They are so quick to get current stuff on TV and the wit/humor is right up my alley, nothing is sacred and no one is safe. Make love not Warcraft, the Ninja weapons episode, The Mormon episode, which spawned the Broadway show, Butters bottom *****, the biggest crap feat. Bono, the imagination land trilogy...man bear pig. And in the past few seasons they transformed into an actual show with running story rather than just 22 minutes dedicated to making fun of one specific thing or person.
Very few episodes that I don't love, they do incredible stuff. If you haven't watched the movie recently, watch it again... fantastic

Yeah, I really think [MENTION=2375]finestkind[/MENTION] would enjoy the show.. I don't think he watches!? :ugeek:

I was just about to watch the "Broadway Bro Down" episode again. Amazing.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Yeah, I really think [MENTION=2375]finestkind[/MENTION] would enjoy the show.. I don't think he watches!? :ugeek:

I was just about to watch the "Broadway Bro Down" episode again. Amazing.

Between Randy writing a musical and the vegan kid with the water floated its all great.

The lady in white...

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Between Randy writing a musical and the vegan kid with the water floated its all great.

The lady in white...

I remember how surprising it was the first time seeing that episode. . . the bar scene where the guy explains the hidden world of Broadway and he can hear it while back at his seat. :lol:

Its almost similar to a lot of sci-fi plots about discovering a hidden system, but about BJs. ;)

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Haha! Good one sir. I have never gotten my head wrapped around Brewers in NL and Astros in AL. Just swap them back and be done with it.

So much has been going on around here we haven't talked about how cheap these Astros are... I finally thought of a good punishment.

Go back to the NL!!! :cool:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Haha! Good one sir. I have never gotten my head wrapped around Brewers in NL and Astros in AL. Just swap them back and be done with it.

hmmm yes, good idea... I will use nostalgia as the reason I want them gone, not the fact that the Mariners were 1-18 against them last season. :|

They must have cracked certain teams code better than others, because the M's were bad but not THAT bad. They were 67-76 against everyone else. I can't think of any team that has gone 1-18 against an opponent.

And now, blast from the past..... what is this about me watching movies about men falling on bare asses in August? I vaguely* recall any of this.

I thought about saying barely here but changed my mind. ;)

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I've been in and out. I didn't see a Night Crew thread so I figured you guys were on vacation and taking a break. Hope everyone has been well. Its been busy here for me lately. Trying to get a house built for my parents, taking care of the in laws(that ain't easy) and some new schedules at work have had me all jacked up on time to be able to chat and hang with my homies here. Damn I want some beef jerky right now.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Damn I want some beef jerky right now.

Rough NoNutNovember? I'd just wait til Feb... shorter month and all. ;)

when-youre-2-weeks-into-no-nut-november-but-then-28975583.png

Members online

Latest posts