Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Topps Qubi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
And you've gotten on to me and lumped me in with those who complain just to complain....and I am certainly not in that group. This is a step forward for the younger collecting generation....plain and simple.

Maybe its a hit? Who knows? Who cares? I think anything to bring kids into the hobby is cool. Most people here who COLLECT....did so because it was a link to their past, something they did with dad, grandpa mom or a sibling. While it still happens, it doesn't happen near as much now as it used to. Now that Dad can go to the store and buy his hobby box and grab a few of these for his kids to check out....seems cool to me.

Never said you were in that group in my post, but I agree with what you said. Fewer kids into gaming cards and more into sports cards is fine with me.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
I think it could be a good thing for kids and maybe one of those odd ball items that player collectors also go after. Nothing wrong with something that might appeal to a different crowd.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
They got me with this one. As dumb as those little plastic toy figures looked, these look like fun. My only quibble is only 10 portraits. Why not 75 portraits and 10 signatures? I'll be stamping everything with Ryan Howard's face like Shepherd Fairey.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
They got me with this one. As dumb as those little plastic toy figures looked, these look like fun. My only quibble is only 10 portraits. Why not 75 portraits and 10 signatures? I'll be stamping everything with Ryan Howard's face like Shepherd Fairey.

I'd guess they're using this as a test run and they are planning another series or two. They could definitely make this more expansive in the future and could do online picture contests for kids doing fun/interesting stuff with the stamps. They could do online redemptions for special stamps, or to make custom stamps, including of the kids picture/signature/team logo.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
At least they are trying something new honestly.

I guess people are going to complain because it's not chrome, there aren't any "can't miss top prospects", and there won't be any money to be made. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Such a great hobby we have.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I think it's a cool idea for kids.
However, as smapdi mentioned, only 10 portraits and 15 team logo, but 50 signature stamps is a dumb idea.
Most players' signatures, like the Mike Trout pictured, are just sloppy scribbles.
Why would a child want to stamp illegible scribbles on their folders or paper, instead of players' faces or team logos?

What would have been really cool are all 75 stamps with player portraits and the signature underneath.
Whoever designed this product didn't think it through well enough.

Last edited:

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I like the idea. I also agree that I think the team logos and portraits would be most desirable for kids. I may pick up a pack or two for my daughter when they come out.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Wow...I hear a lot of complaining about this product and a whole lot of "Well, if it's for KIDS, then I guess it's alright." C'mon people...I've seen some of the stupidest crap in all of you player collections...everything from marbles and baseballs with creepy looking portraits printed on them, to cardboard cutouts from old popsicle boxes and even pogs. You know you need your fix, and that means if your player is in this product, you'll eventually own it.

The only thing that keeps this thing from being labeled as "cool" is scarcity. If there was a rare gold holo insert version of each of the 10 portrait stamps released 1 in every 1850 packs for a total "print run" of only 8 or some crazy crap like that, you'd be slipping on your own drool trying to get to those. Or perhaps years down the road, after this product fails miserably and is discontinued, most stamps would vanish from the market (into the trash or into personal collections, or they'd be in less than mint condition from all the ink that kids got all over them), and the few remaining mint condition stamps would all be bought up by Calfas and start going for sick prices on eBay, at which point we'd start a new thread talking about how awesome they are and showing off our recent Qubi pickups.

You all want them...you just don't know it yet.

Members online