Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

July Pickup Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
Couldn't wait for him to lower any more - with a print run /25 I didn't know when I would see another. Funny thing is that for years home jersey always sold for more but now I would say home jerseys out number the away jersey cards by at least 7 to 1. Trying to pick them up when I see them

Love that card. Wanted to make a run for it but was hoping price would be a little lower. Great pickup

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Yah, I've only seen one or two copies. There was a Gehrig up a while back, but missed that one too.

Correct me if I am wrong, I assume the Donruss Jerseys from pre-2003 are away jerseys? I've picked up quite a few of the "Throwback Threads" and other early 2000's Donruss Ruth stuff.

Couldn't wait for him to lower any more - with a print run /25 I didn't know when I would see another. Funny thing is that for years home jersey always sold for more but now I would say home jerseys out number the away jersey cards by at least 7 to 1. Trying to pick them up when I see them

baberuthfan

Aug 12, 2008
florida
True. Until they bought the 1925 gamer

Yah, I've only seen one or two copies. There was a Gehrig up a while back, but missed that one too.

Correct me if I am wrong, I assume the Donruss Jerseys from pre-2003 are away jerseys? I've picked up quite a few of the "Throwback Threads" and other early 2000's Donruss Ruth stuff.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
These rarely come up. Just need Bay, Jeter, and Bobby Crosby to complete the set :)

Oh yeah... 01/50 to boot!

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Is it my eyes playing tricks on me or does this card show the Big Unit in a yankee uniform with a piece of Diamondback fabric???:confused:

Yep, it's sad how common that is. Look at Ozzie Smith patch cards. Fairly common to find him pictured in a Padres Uniform and a piece of Cardinals patch on it. Nolan Ryan too... Rangers picture with Astros patch... Just card companies not caring and being LAZY!

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Yep, it's sad how common that is. Look at Ozzie Smith patch cards. Fairly common to find him pictured in a Padres Uniform and a piece of Cardinals patch on it. Nolan Ryan too... Rangers picture with Astros patch... Just card companies not caring and being LAZY!
I like the tri-cards. I remember seeing a Ray Allen listed on card as a Celtic, showing him as a Sonic with a Bucks patch piece. Or something to that effect.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Got in a 2004 Fleer Patchworks National Patchtime Gold Thome Jersey 114/200 card today. Cool card. I went after this card because the very 1st Thome GU card I got was his regular 2004 Patchworks National Pastime Jersey 261/350, which I picked up at my 1st, and last, card show.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
I already owned a 6, a 7 and a handful of raw copies but I have been looking to upgrade to a solid 8 for some time. I was able to land this for $30 less than the last 8 and it's the green tint variation to boot (Pop 5)

$_57.JPG

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Cool lil' mail day here...

I wanted a barrel Clark for a while. When I saw he was on the CL for a Knob and a Barrel, I wanted the pair. It took a while for the 2 to pop. I was offered the Knob at a price we worked on but couldn't match on price by $100. The Knob end they used didn't really have much appeal to me (no markings etc), but if I coulda got the price right I woulda added it. Moving on the barrel hit and I was able to land it. Actually has some ball residue (no pun IndyManning if you read this) on it so that's a cool bonus. I do wish the picture was a little nicer, but overall, happy to add one.

attachment.php

Goes well with:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for looking

Ryan

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
Nice Clarks! I was always a fan of Thrill, I really enjoyed the 30 for 30 they did on him and Raffy.

Members online

No members online now.