Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How many do you think that game used swatches are not real?

What do you think about game used cards?

• I think fakes are rampant! You can't hardly trust any game used card out there.

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • I'm ok w/it not being game worn, as long as the player wore it at some point, no matter how short.

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I'm ok w/it not being worn by the player pictured, as long as it was worn in a game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think most everything is legit. Most card relics are used in a real game by player depicted.

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • I simply don't care. They are cool cards!

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
Here ya go.

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/...fied-by-man-accused-of-fraud-in-fbi-interview

"WELLS was asked if the card companies knew that what he was selling to them was not game used. WELLS said that the card companies were too smart to put their beliefs in writing but they knew a lot of what they were buying from resellers like WELLS was not game used. WELLS recalled a conversation he had with UPPER DECK buyer MIKE O'GRADY at the Anaheim, California National Sports Collectors Convention approximately three years ago. During the conversation, O'GRADY told WELLS that UPPER DECK needed eight DEREK JETER jerseys and they were willing to pay between $1,000 and $1,200 each. WELLS told O'GRADY that he was paying between $3,500 and $5,000 for JETER jerseys from STEINER SPORTS and STEINER SPORTS obtained their JETER jerseys directly from the New York Yankees. WELLS told O'GRADY that by only paying $1,200 for JETER jerseys, UPPER DECK was inviting fraud. O'GRADY said that UPPER DECK knew what they were getting, but they needed the JETER jerseys at the minimum price."

Read more: http://www.cardboardconnection.com/...cused-of-fraud-in-fbi-interview#ixzz3Aqs9dcEX
All Content Copyright 2014 Cardboard Connection Inc
Follow us: @sportscards on Twitter

What a crock. I freaking hate Upper Deck. I feel they did as much to ruin the hobby as the other greedy companies that started producing millions and millions of cards in the '80's and early '90's. Oh well. Those were some fun days anyway!

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
What a crock. I freaking hate Upper Deck. I feel they did as much to ruin the hobby as the other greedy companies that started producing millions and millions of cards in the '80's and early '90's. Oh well. Those were some fun days anyway!

i could be wrong but i believe that what was reported on that one dude was just taking the word of a crook/liar, so take it with a grain of salt :)

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
i could be wrong but i believe that what was reported on that one dude was just taking the word of a crook/liar, so take it with a grain of salt :)

Well when Upper Deck is buying Jeter jersey's for $1,000 they are inviting fraud. Sure take the guys word with a grain of salt but these companies are without a doubt putting out bogus cards and they know it.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Just like buying antique furniture or oil paintings, the more you know about something leads to smarter purchases.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Personally I hate bat cards. But Jerseys. If it is a player i like or fron a team I like i dont care i will still want it...

Members online

Latest posts