Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 hobby goals, what are yours?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
1. Scan and organize my Kirby Puckett collection
2. Sell more/all of my Justin Morneau items
3. Start going through all my cards and organize everything

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I dont think i had set goals for 2014, so i will for 2015

1. Clear the 4000 card mark for my Bagwell pc. it's getting harder to do with a limited budget, and i need to do a count and see exactly where my cards are at now.
2. Keep up on my site by scanning and uploading cards as i get them, instead of letting them sit and then having a stack to go thru after a couple months, which makes it seem like work instead of fun.
3. Help Nick [MENTION=8332]BiggioBrooks755[/MENTION] with his goals.
4. Help Aaron with his Bagwell pc any way that i can since i cant possibly catch up with him!
5. Sell more on ebay to help pay for my collection.
6. Add at least 5 more PSA 10 cards to my collection from years 1991 or 1992

Last edited:

1. Clear the 4000 card mark for my Bagwell pc. it's getting harder to do with a limited budget, and i need to do a count and see exactly where my cards are at now.
2. Keep up on my site by scanning and uploading cards as i get them, instead of letting them sit and then having a stack to go thru after a couple months, which makes it seem like work instead of fun.
3. Help Nick @BiggioBrooks755 with his goals.
4. Help Aaron with his Bagwell pc any way that i can since i cant possibly catch up with him!

Thank you sir :)

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Goal for me this year.
Clean house of all the stuff I amassed over the past 14 years I got back in the habit of buyer stuff I really don't need to have..

And not buy anywhere near the amount I have in 2014.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
1. Reach 1,000 different Brandon Webb cards. Currently at 976. I could actually very easily do this if I just bought more of those 2008 UD Documentary cards or other random base I've been neglecting, but kind of want to make it a challenge so I'll hold on on buying those for a while.
2. Reach 8,500 different Diamondbacks. I think I'm close to 8,300 now, but I'm really planning on cutting back this year so it may be challenging.
3. As I said above, cut back on spending. I've already been doing that since about September, so hopefully I can keep that going.
4. Sell off any non-Diamondbacks cards I have. They're just taking up space in the closet. I hope to do some cheap $0.25 sales and get rid of stuff to get a little money in my COMC account.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
1. Get McGriff #2000 (17 away) Hopefully get to 2100 as well.
2. Take 3 McGriff's off off of my top 10 list
3. Complete 1978 Topps Basketball in PSA 9. 1 card not owned. 14 upgrades needed.
4. Complete 1989 Topps Basketball in PSA 9. 15 upgrades needed.
Do you mean 1979 Topps? Or 1989 Hoops or Fleer, since there was no '89 Topps basketball set,
And welcome to the board!

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I don't have any 2015 collecting goals. It's more fun (for me) that way. At least I don't get disappointed or frustrated with collecting.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
1. Sell some of my Paul O'Neill & Mariano Rivera autographs to fund wedding related expenses

2. Continue to work on the 1952-2015 Topps & Topps Heritage Yankees run
- finish 1980s (need 1), 1990s (need 4)
- cut my 1970s needs list in half, need 44 now
- pick up 40 cards from 1950s (18/203) and 1960s (74/370)
- pick up 10 variation SPs from 2009 to present
- pick up 1 SSP for my set
- buy 2015 team sets for Topps, Heritage, and High Number

3. Authenticate my keeper Rivera TTM/IP autographs thru PSA or SGC

4. Sell more than I buy

5. Add a single high-end card for the personal collection

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
* finish my raw 1970 set (6 cards away)

When the 1970 set is finished, I will be auctioning it off on eBay with 100% of the proceeds going to cancer research. A quick run-down for those that don't know the back story. Roughly 15 years ago a bunch of us in OBC used to gather on a nightly basis and chat on ICQ. I mentioned to the group that I thought the 1970 set was the ugliest of all time (still do). About a week later I got a box in the mail with about half of the set from a buddy of mine, David Kolenda. David got a good laugh out of it, and I cussed him a little (with a smile on my face as I did so). David was a great guy and a good friend. He lost his battle with cancer a little over 7 years ago. My intent since then has been to finish the starter set he sent me, and then auction it off in his name.
I want to acknowledge and thank [MENTION=2598]jflan702[/MENTION] for his contribution to this project. John PMed me and asked for my list. He was able to knock off one of the cards, reducing the list to 5. Thanks, John - I really appreciate your help.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
My Main goals for 2014 were:

Get to 100% on the PSA Post War HOF RC Set - Accomplished.

Collect Mickey Mantle & Hank Aaron "The Card looks much better than the number assigned" PSA Playing Days Base Cards - This is an on-going #Focus , but i was able to land some really nice slabs for my collection.

Here are my 2015 Card Collecting Goals:

- Walter Johnson - T206 Portrait PSA 1 or 1.5 - Centered with no facial marks, snow or creasing
- Cy Young - T206 Portrait PSA 1 or 1.5 - Centered with no facial marks, snow or creasing
- Wagner - Playing Days Card - PSA 1 - Centered with no facial marks, snow or creasing
- Mickey Mantle - 1952 Bowman PSA 1 to 2 - Centered with no facial marks, snow or main image creasing
- Mickey Mantle - 1953 Bowman PSA 1 to 2 - Centered with no facial marks, snow or main image creasing
- Mickey Mantle - 1956 Topps PSA 1 to 3 - Centered with no facial marks, snow or main image creasing
- Mickey Mantle - 1958 Topps PSA 1 to 3 - Centered with no facial marks, snow or main image creasing
- Mickey Mantle - 1959 Topps PSA 1 to 3 - Centered with no facial marks, snow or main image creasing
- Mickey Mantle - 1960 Topps PSA 1 to 3 - Centered with no facial marks, snow or main image creasing
- Mickey Mantle - 1965 Topps PSA 1 to 3 - Centered with no facial marks, snow or main image creasing

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA

3. Help Nick @BiggioBrooks755 with his goals.

Checking in...
#6 is done. Got 5 more in the books.
#5 is done. Sold a card and t shirts to pay for my collecting so far.
#4 is Done (I think). Sent Aaron a care package a while back of loose Starting Lineups and a couple other goodies. Cant remember if I did that this year or the tail end of last year.
#3 is a never ending project. While I already did an order for him this year, it will never truly be finished.
#2 is my nemesis right now. I have not gotten around to keeping this one going.
#1 . well, 365 days in a year. Still not enough time or money to nail this one. But its only March, so who knows... Maybe this one will get done this year.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Checking in...
#6 is done. Got 5 more in the books.
#5 is done. Sold a card and t shirts to pay for my collecting so far.
#4 is Done (I think). Sent Aaron a care package a while back of loose Starting Lineups and a couple other goodies. Cant remember if I did that this year or the tail end of last year.
#3 is a never ending project. While I already did an order for him this year, it will never truly be finished.
#2 is my nemesis right now. I have not gotten around to keeping this one going.
#1 . well, 365 days in a year. Still not enough time or money to nail this one. But its only March, so who knows... Maybe this one will get done this year.

I'm just glad you didn't give up. After that bat barrel ended the way it did and the other folks started coming out of the woodwork for the autos, I think we all took a little reflective break(albeit a short one).

patrick182

Mar 23, 2010
Secure at least one of the cards on my most wanted Frank Thomas list, which is 13 cards.

Last edited:

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I'm just glad you didn't give up. After that bat barrel ended the way it did and the other folks started coming out of the woodwork for the autos, I think we all took a little reflective break(albeit a short one).

Yeah, I slowed down a lot. Watched a lot of cards, pulled the trigger on a select few.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Continue to buy Andre Dawson cards

Lol *shocker*

Haven't fulfilled much on mine so far, started a list of griffey items(not finished), just posted most of my misc items on a local sale board, I did pick up a few big pc items/upgrades so good on that one, and I feel I've helped out a few members so far. Not bad but not quite as far along as I'd hoped

Members online

Latest posts